Blur instead of Fanart option

NeverExists

NeverExists

I find it would look a lot better when you're on the TV Show detail screen for it to have a gradient blur with the faded image of the fanart in the corner, kind of like plex. Having just the fanart looks way to busy, and I find it hard to enjoy my library with such an ugly screen. I always feel my enjoyment go down when I am on these screens. They don't look tidy and elegant.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper

You can achieve something similar with custom CSS, one already made example here:

Edited by GrimReaper

NeverExists
Just now, GrimReaper said:

You can achieve that with custom CSS, one already made example here:

I'm using it on Nvidia Shield unfortunately.

NeverExists

I agree that plex has a cleaner, nicer look b y far. The Emby enhanced home screen looks great, but I miss plex's gradient blur. Its looks more modern. Unfortunately plex does not have the functionality anywhere near what plex Emby has, so Plex is not an option. Seems they've abandoned updating the apps.

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

GrimReaper

Tbh have no idea how does Plex look like, maybe you should post a screenshot here so members can get some idea regarding what you're taking about and potentially lend support to your FR? 

seanbuff
2 minutes ago, NeverExists said:

Unfortunately plex does not have the functionality anywhere near what plex has, so Plex is not an option.

Too much plex in this sentence 😜

• Haha 2

arrbee99

I you mean the backdrop, no thanks, am a big fan of backdrops. Personally, I do all I can to remove stuff that gets in the way of backdrops (well, in a browser anyway).

• Agree 1

NeverExists
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Tbh have no idea how does Plex look like, maybe you should post a screenshot here so members can get some idea regarding what you're taking about and potentially lend support to your FR? 

The css you linked looks fantastic! unfortunately i can count on one hand how many times the emby tv app has had any visual updates in the last few years.

NeverExists
1 minute ago, arrbee99 said:

I you mean the backdrop, no thanks, am a big fan of backdrops. Personally, I do all I can to remove stuff that gets in the way of backdrops (well, in a browser anyway).

yes, but having an option to blur the backdrop is very simple and people could enable the blur if they wish. So everybody is happy. Options are always good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

arrbee99

Options are indeed always good. Though for no particular reason I do like to illustrate my point slightly (in Firefox not on a Shield), but still (love it) -

944761292_EmbyAnt-ManCollection.thumb.jpg.ae092034c42ddee50ce0c07f7e2e2cb3.jpg

• Like 2

NeverExists
6 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Options are indeed always good. Though for no particular reason I do like to illustrate my point slightly (in Firefox not on a Shield), but still (love it) -

944761292_EmbyAnt-ManCollection.thumb.jpg.ae092034c42ddee50ce0c07f7e2e2cb3.jpg

For movies its fine, but tv shows not so much.

arrbee99

Episodes look fine to me. Or they do in a browser (with a bit of css anyway). Can't get near our Shield to check at the moment, but they seemed fine as I recall. But we like different things. All part of life's rich tapestry etc.

And as you say, options...

PuffyToesToo
12 hours ago, NeverExists said:

I find it would look a lot better when you're on the TV Show detail screen for it to have a gradient blur with the faded image of the fanart in the corner, kind of like plex. Having just the fanart looks way to busy, and I find it hard to enjoy my library with such an ugly screen. I always feel my enjoyment go down when I am on these screens. They don't look tidy and elegant.

I agree. I also think this is important in music libraries. Blurring album art as background looks great in the car on Sirius radio etc.

5 hours ago, NeverExists said:

For movies its fine, but tv shows not so much.

Curious - what's the difference?

image.png

image.png

NeverExists
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Curious - what's the difference?

image.png

image.png

I meant the episode list lol.since movies don't have the episode list, they look fine.

Edited by NeverExists

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, NeverExists said:

I meant the episode list

Hence:

On 5/23/2022 at 9:15 PM, GrimReaper said:

Tbh have no idea how does Plex look like, maybe you should post a screenshot here so members can get some idea regarding what you're taking about

NeverExists
Just now, GrimReaper said:

Hence:

And I pointed out that the post with the link was what I was talking about......

GrimReaper
23 minutes ago, NeverExists said:

And I pointed out that the post with the link was what I was talking about......

That noone obviously made a connection to, as it concerns WebUI while you specifically referenced Nvidia Shield - Android TV - as client app in question. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:09 PM, NeverExists said:

I'm using it on Nvidia Shield unfortunately.

Edited by GrimReaper

On 5/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, NeverExists said:

when you're on the TV Show detail screen

7 hours ago, NeverExists said:

I meant the episode list

I guess I'm confused too.  Can you show a screen shot of the screen in Emby you are talking about?

Thanks.