Tv shows not showing in recently added

Packer

Packer

Hi I have pics attached I downloaded few new tv shows but they are not showing in recently added on Home Screen is there a setting I am missing in library’s ect thanks again 

0A7C91CF-7E1A-490D-BC09-CE8883EDB5C3.png

EF73273C-5FD0-489C-A194-E820E770895B.png

HI there, have you taken a look at the date added values for these videos in the emby metadata editor and compared them to your other videos?

Packer

Is it done by date added in metadata say I download only fools that’s say 1985 ish a guess that won’t show in recently added in home is that correct or not 

Packer

Plus is it best to use date scanned into library option not created date of file  just wondering 

It's by date added into your library, which you've configured to be file creation date.

So that's why I'm saying have you taken a look at the date added values for these videos in the emby metadata editor and compared them to your other videos. The file creation dates of these files are probably not what you expect.

Just now, Packer said:

Plus is it best to use date scanned into library option not created date of file  just wondering 

That's entirely your preference based on where your files usually come from.

Packer
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's by date added into your library, which you've configured to be file creation date.

So that's why I'm saying have you taken a look at the date added values for these videos in the emby metadata editor and compared them to your other videos. The file creation dates of these files are probably not what you expect.

But it’s all new added stuff I download so your saying all my videos I download are wrong metadata lol

Packer

That's entirely your preference based on where your files usually come from.

Might try date scanned into library not creation date of file might be the problem 

5 minutes ago, Packer said:

But it’s all new added stuff I download so your saying all my videos I download are wrong metadata lol

Did you check the date created timestamp of the files? Until you do that, this is just guess work.

5 minutes ago, Packer said:

Might try date scanned into library not creation date of file might be the problem 

It sounds like that's a better choice for you. Just keep in mind that changing the option will not affect existing content that's already been imported.

Packer

It sounds like that's a better choice for you. Just keep in mind that changing the option will not affect existing content that's already been imported.

Got ya and without removing do full scan will that make it right thanks craig 

Just now, Packer said:

Got ya and without removing do full scan will that make it right thanks craig 

No, it won't. You have to either use the metadata editor and manually edit date added values, or move the new videos out of your library, run a full scan of all libraries, then after it finishes add them back.

Packer

Seems like lot work be honest bit of ball ache lol I have changed to date scanned in just downloading something now will have look then