3.2.47 Back button not there

heffeque

heffeque

Hello, just realized that the back button is missing on both the Android tablet and Android phone.

Android version 3.2.47 (and server on 4.6.7.0)

I don't have physical nor screen buttons on either, but it's especially bad on the tablet because the table has no touch gesture for "back", so every time I have to go back, I have to drag up, then hit the back button before it disappears.

This is very bad for general usage. Is there a configuration to bring it back?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by heffeque

What device? Pretty much every android device has either physical back buttons or gesture-based back control.

heffeque
1 minute ago, Spaceboy said:

dead not missing. theres a few posts about it. its not coming back

Ah... I searched the 1st five Android pages and didn't find anything.

Why would Emby break the interface and not fix it? I'm confused...

What would the newest version that still has the button be? (so that I can try to manually upgrade to the older version that still has the button).

heffeque
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

What device? Pretty much every android device has either physical back buttons or gesture-based back control.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e using LineageOS 18.1

I have to swipe up every time I want to go back, which is very impractical, especially if I want to go back several times.

There are no edge gestures like on my Xiaomi phone.

Edit: not sure if LineageOS 19 has additional gestures that could help, but I'll update sooner or later.

Edited by heffeque

heffeque

Oh, wait, there is a way to enable edge gestures in LineageOS... it's the option called "Gesture navigation" 😳

Either way... I'd still appreciate a button, as edge gestures are quite uncomfortable on the tablet 🙄

If it's not coming back... what would be the latest version that supports the back button? (and where to find it, I'm having a hard time finding older Android versions on GitHub)

Edited by heffeque

43 minutes ago, heffeque said:

Nobody...?

No older apk I can download for the tablet to function correctly?

Hi, options to control this are always possible. Have you seen these android developer guidelines?

https://developer.android.com/guide/navigation/navigation-custom-back

Back navigation is how users move backward through the history of screens they previously visited. All Android devices provide a Back button for this type of navigation, so you should not add a Back button to your app’s UI. Depending on the user’s Android device, this button might be a physical button or a software button.

That's why it's not necessary to have it directly inside the app. But adding options to control this is always possible.

heffeque
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's why it's not necessary to have it directly inside the app. But adding options to control this is always possible.

Yes please...! My mother will appreciate it!