Difference between LIVE tv and RECORDED?

gwbaker

gwbaker

Is there a difference between how live TV and recorded TV are handled by Emby?  I have an HD Homerun Flex 4K.  When I record programs, they occasionally pixelate due to my location and not so great signal quality, but the show continues on as the signal improves.  When I watch live, the program just quits and I have to intervene to resume.  Interestingly, the same happens with the HD Homerun App in Roku.  But, when I watch live TV using the Homerun app in windows, it will often pixelate and move on.  It never just quits.

Hi there, yes there are some differences. Can we please look at an example?

Thanks.

gwbaker

embyserver.txtOkay, log file attached.

The live TV stream errors out at the end of the log.  I am sure it was due to a degraded signal being received by the antenna.  What I am hoping is emby learns to deal with this without requiring the user to intervene as the hdhomerun app in windows does.  The windows app continues through the loss of signal and keeps on trucking when it improves.

11 hours ago, gwbaker said:

embyserver.txtOkay, log file attached.

The live TV stream errors out at the end of the log.  I am sure it was due to a degraded signal being received by the antenna.  What I am hoping is emby learns to deal with this without requiring the user to intervene as the hdhomerun app in windows does.  The windows app continues through the loss of signal and keeps on trucking when it improves.

Can you please attach the corresponding ffmpeg log as well? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
gwbaker

Luke,  Thanks for the follow up!  Been out of town for a few weeks and will return soon.  I just verified that I am on 4.7.2 and will test when I get home and report. 

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

gwbaker

It seems better than it was...  On a weaker OTA channel, the live TV is working better than before as it will pixelate due to a weak signal and continue better than before.  A few times the player in ROKU quit and went to the spinning buffer.  A few seconds later, it resumes playing channel (yay). However it has given up a few times leaving me with the spinning ROKU player stuck at 33% and it will not continue without intervention.  Whatever was changed did seem to make it better than before but it still fails.