TV Shows - Unwatched / New Episodes - Display Changed?

ShinRai

ShinRai

This is my very first post / issue out here, so apologies if I miss something while reporting it. So far a simple google search solved all issues :D

Since the latest update (Currently on Ver. 4.7.0.60), for some odd reason the TV Shows are not displaying the unwatched / latest episodes when the particular show is opened up. I have to specifically go to Show >> Scroll to Season >> Scroll to Episode, to see this episode which has been added in case I want to refresh its metadata or watch it specifically.

Previously the latest / unwatched episodes would get displayed above the seasons list and below the tv show info.

I tried checking the settings to see if anything had changed, but nothing was changed and couldn't find anything in the changelog regarding the episode display change. Is this an intended change or bug? 

Emby_OnePiece_TwoUnwatched.png

Emby_OnePiece_Opened.png

embyserver.txt

Hello ShinRai,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

GrimReaper

That row was called "Next Up" and has been deliberately removed from Series detail view as it was redundant, as per Dev. There was some reluctance against it, unfortunately not enough for its removal to be prevented. So, what you're observing is not a bug but a new "feature". 

• Sad 1

ShinRai
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That row was called "Next Up" and has been deliberately removed from Series detail view as it was redundant, as per Dev. There was some reluctance against it, unfortunately not enough for its removal to be prevented. So, what you're observing is not a bug but a new "feature". 

Its redundant with the "Continue Watching" in case you have only 1 unwatched episode, but other wise it was perfectly useful. Could it be made as an option under display or are there options in the display to change the view?

I couldn't find any options to change the views, like One Piece has 21 seasons and the latest 21st season is currently on 127 episodes. That's a lot of scrolls T_T.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, ShinRai said:

One Piece has 21 seasons and the latest 21st season is currently on 127 episodes. That's a lot of scrolls T_T.

I know, I agree, tried to argument back in the day with the basically same example - no joy. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
gizzygizmo

I believe I'm seeing some affects of this...

if you pick "shuffle' to watch some random episodes then later when you come back in it wants to pick up from where the last shuffle left off... with the next episode, which is already watched.

However, if a new episode is avail you now have to go down into the seasons, find the last season, find the last episode, then play it.

If this was removed on purpose, can we get a "play next unwatched' button?

27 minutes ago, gizzygizmo said:

I believe I'm seeing some affects of this...

if you pick "shuffle' to watch some random episodes then later when you come back in it wants to pick up from where the last shuffle left off... with the next episode, which is already watched.

However, if a new episode is avail you now have to go down into the seasons, find the last season, find the last episode, then play it.

If this was removed on purpose, can we get a "play next unwatched' button?

Hi, nothing was removed, but it's true that shuffling will mark things watched in the same way that normal playback will.

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, nothing was removed

"Next Up" row was removed from Series view, which is what OP was referring to.

Edited by GrimReaper

gizzygizmo

Something has def changed... opening a TV show i see play "s9:e16" and have no option to play s13e1 which just downloaded last week.  I used to be able to go down and pick the next unwatched episode.

Unsure when the change happened... tempted to rollback a few iterations to see if i can find it.

I guess FYI, there is an active issue in that if you shuffle/watch an old episode and a new one is downloaded... you'll have to arrow DOWN go to the RIGHT to the seasons and enter it, then pick the first unwatched.  You no longer have the ability to "watch new episode" from the tv series screen.

gizzygizmo

Yeah.. sad face, I can "play from beginning" or "shuffle".   So the only option if someone has played an episode out of order is to go DOWN then scroll to the last season and enter it, then pick the last unwatched show.