Orsay 2014 v2.2.6 Subtitle doesn't display on HD media

seanmaclair

seanmaclair

Model: UN55H8000 (2014)

Software: T-GFPUABC-1370.0

Client version : 2.2.6

Server: 4.6.7

Hello, Emby for some reason won't play SRT, ASS or SUB subtitles on HD media, but plays them okay on non-HD media.

Media info for the HD and SD files respectively:

16532174650311681259571882505251.jpg

16532175058871615606024974221328.jpg

Edited by seanmaclair

seanmaclair

Sure! HD media with the subtitles "on" vs non-HD media (character was talking in the first one and subtitles were timed correctly):

20220522_204157.jpg

20220522_204235.jpg

Hi, and this?

• Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.

seanmaclair
47 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, and this?

• Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.

Here you go!

embyserver.txt

I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but are you able to update to the new Emby Server 4.7 release?

seanmaclair
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm not sure if this would make a difference, but are you able to update to the new Emby Server 4.7 release?

I updated and tried again, didn't work 😕 will you need a log for that too?

10 minutes ago, seanmaclair said:

I updated and tried again, didn't work 😕 will you need a log for that too?

Hi, yes please, thanks.

FrostByte

There are also the SEK 3000 and 3500 which support Tizen.  They aren't made any more and may be hard to find though and are very expensive.    I really wouldn't recommend getting one though.

It would be cheaper to buy a nVidia Shield Pro or Firestik and those would support more file types and be supported still by maker.  I called Samsung about a problem I had with a SEK on my F8000 and their tech support never heard of an evolution kit 😂

• Like 1