Server WMC Stopped Working?

cbanakis
Go to solution Solved by swingman,

1 minute ago, gordymc said:

I need to revert to 4.6

I am using WMC in Australia. We get guide updates over the air.

serverWMC is no longer reporting any client activity, which in turn means the server is no longer registering any activity so consequently goes to sleep.

I need to revert server to 4.6 version. Can someone please advise how I go about doing this.

Ta,

G

Hi, you can use your serverwmc guide data with the 4.7 server as well. Did you know that?

gordymc

Hi Luke.

I'm aware I can use 4.7 with guide data, but that is no longer my issue. I use WMC 8.1 to view and watch recorded TV, not emby.

The remaining issue is my server sleeps while watching from external devices, because emby is no longer playing nice with serverWMC.

In the attached image you can clearly see that serverWMC is 'awaiting clients' even though a video is playing over Emby for WMC.

The same happens if I try to transcode or play videos over external browsers and devices. I've downgraded and upgraded serverWMC, to no avail.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is revert emby to 4.6

Capture.PNG

Raptor6L

Emby Server version 4.7.6.0, Win8.1 for WMC.

ServerWMC version 1.0.0.63 build 1260

Everything is working as it should. Tested by streaming live tv and guide data to both android phone and windows laptop.

Streaming data shows up in ServerWMC as it is supposed to.

The shot below is it streaming live tv to my phone. Sorry for the crap photo, but you get the idea.

Chris 

PXL_20220813_062517771.jpg

• Thanks 1

gordymc

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I take it you have Emby Premiere, in order to get Live TV Streaming.

Does 'Active Streams' show anything if your playing content other than Live TV?

Raptor6L

Premiere, yes.

You mean like a non-tv movie? I'm not sure tbh? I can have a look in a few hours when I get home.

Are you expecting something to show up?

gordymc
On 16/06/2022 at 05:11, Luke said:

Can you try this version of the ServerWMC plugin? It should restore the guide data support. You'll need to run the refresh guide process in Emby Server. Thanks !

wmc2mb.zip 130.24 kB · 5 downloads

@jriker1 you may want this as well.

Where are we supposed to put this .dll file. 

I've navigated to what i thought was the install directory for Emby-Server\Plugins, but an existing wmc2mb.dll file wasn't there for overwriting. What is the default install location for emby-server

1 minute ago, gordymc said:

Where are we supposed to put this .dll file. 

I've navigated to what i thought was the install directory for Emby-Server\Plugins, but an existing wmc2mb.dll file wasn't there for overwriting. What is the default install location for emby-server

Hi, that's from a couple months ago. At this point you can just install the latest version from the Emby plugin catalog like you normally would.

Raptor6L

Hi gordymc

Played a movie and no, nothing shows up in active streams.

Just getting back to the root problem, you're saying that ServerWMC is not reporting any client activity, so your server is going to sleep, presumably mid stream. Sound right?

My understanding, with this new setup, if it's not live tv, then ServerWMC will have nothing to do with it.

Having said that, I think Emby Server is supposed to recognise when one if it's clients is online and prevent Emby Sever going to sleep. @Lukecan you confirm?

If you continue to have sleep issues, I can recommend Econap. It taking a while to fine tune it, but from there on it just works.

Chris 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:53 AM, Raptor6L said:

Hi gordymc

Played a movie and no, nothing shows up in active streams.

Just getting back to the root problem, you're saying that ServerWMC is not reporting any client activity, so your server is going to sleep, presumably mid stream. Sound right?

My understanding, with this new setup, if it's not live tv, then ServerWMC will have nothing to do with it.

Having said that, I think Emby Server is supposed to recognise when one if it's clients is online and prevent Emby Sever going to sleep. @Lukecan you confirm?

If you continue to have sleep issues, I can recommend Econap. It taking a while to fine tune it, but from there on it just works.

Chris 

Correct, yes. Is the server on the same machine as wmc?