Server WMC Stopped Working?

cbanakis
Go to solution Solved by swingman,

emveepee

Consider "Don't ask, don't tell" if it is EPG123.  Schedules Direct has had a rough weekend after an update on Friday as there were many issues with SD data.  They have since reverted but it would be could to take this opportunity to remap WMC data to Emby guide source.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
shadetree
On 5/23/2022 at 1:01 PM, Luke said:

Hi, this is not intended .You should be getting guide data. Can you please run the refresh guide scheduled task and then attach the emby server log? Thanks !

I have the same setup with windows media center with SD-123. Nothing but the channels, no guide data, imports from ServerWMC on newest versons. Added Emby for guide data working as expected.

Now using emby, have a halt issue viewing any TV channel after a certian amount of time.  Backing out then playing again works till I meet the time limit again.  Can't reprudce this in WMC using the same channels.

Where is the TV buffer location on emby and can the locaton be moved to another HDD like WMC.  My C:Drive OS is a M.2 possably filling up the buffer?

3 minutes ago, shadetree said:

I have the same setup with windows media center with SD-123. Nothing but the channels, no guide data, imports from ServerWMC on newest versons. Added Emby for guide data working as expected.

Now using emby, have a halt issue viewing any TV channel after a certian amount of time.  Backing out then playing again works till I meet the time limit again.  Can't reprudce this in WMC using the same channels.

Where is the TV buffer location on emby and can the locaton be moved to another HDD like WMC.  My C:Drive OS is a M.2 possably filling up the buffer?

Regarding the stopping, please see here: 

That should solve it. 

shadetree

Thanks Luke,  Your new wmc2mb file works fine.  Still streaming 2+ hours now :)

• Thanks 1

Raptor6L

Hi all

So I just found this. I've found ServerWMC in the tuner set up and got it so the channels are back but no guide data.

I went through the set up for guide data back got roadblocked by the only source being XmlTV. Don't need an external source here in Australia. The OTA source is perfectly fine.

How do I go about getting my OTA guide data back?

10 hours ago, Raptor6L said:

Hi all

So I just found this. I've found ServerWMC in the tuner set up and got it so the channels are back but no guide data.

I went through the set up for guide data back got roadblocked by the only source being XmlTV. Don't need an external source here in Australia. The OTA source is perfectly fine.

How do I go about getting my OTA guide data back?

Have you taken a look at guide data from Ice TV?

Raptor6L

Hi Luke

Yep, fully aware of Ice TV. Don't want to have to pay for a product which is actually free. The OTA data here in Aus is actually very good. Out to about 7 days and updates on the run with shows over runs etc etc.

Your comment suggests you've removed the ability to use the free OTA guide data. Correct? No chance of getting it back?

3 hours ago, Raptor6L said:

Hi Luke

Yep, fully aware of Ice TV. Don't want to have to pay for a product which is actually free. The OTA data here in Aus is actually very good. Out to about 7 days and updates on the run with shows over runs etc etc.

Your comment suggests you've removed the ability to use the free OTA guide data. Correct? No chance of getting it back?

Is it still even possible to get ota guide data into WMC?

Raptor6L

Yeah, totally. I use WMC 8.1 to watch tv and the guide is top notch. I recall Microsoft discontinued support for supplying guide data a while back, but that doesn't affect Aus as the guide data is supplied OTA by the networks.

https://www.freeview.com.au/tv-guide

There was a fairly substantial court case here regarding ownership of the guide data which involved IceTV. My understanding is Freeview was set up by the networks to stop IceTV gaining market share.

But I digress...ServerWMC was sharing that WMC guide data to my other Emby clients, but now I get nothing.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Raptor6L

shaneh20
On 6/9/2022 at 1:00 PM, Raptor6L said:

Yeah, totally. I use WMC 8.1 to watch tv and the guide is top notch. I recall Microsoft discontinued support for supplying guide data a while back, but that doesn't affect Aus as the guide data is supplied OTA by the networks.

https://www.freeview.com.au/tv-guide

There was a fairly substantial court case here regarding ownership of the guide data which involved IceTV. My understanding is Freeview was set up by the networks to stop IceTV gaining market share.

But I digress...ServerWMC was sharing that WMC guide data to my other Emby clients, but now I get nothing.

Thanks

Chris

I'm in Australia also and since upgrading to 4.7, i'm having the same issue also. Guide is fine in WMC, but blank in Emby. The list of channels get imported fine from serverwmc, but no guide data; just blank. Was working nicely in 4.6.

Can you try this version of the ServerWMC plugin? It should restore the guide data support. You'll need to run the refresh guide process in Emby Server. Thanks !

@jriker1 you may want this as well.

• Thanks 1

Raptor6L

Thanks Luke,will try when I get home a little later today and let you know.

Appreciate the effort!

Chris

• Thanks 1

shaneh20
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try this version of the ServerWMC plugin? It should restore the guide data support. You'll need to run the refresh guide process in Emby Server. Thanks !

wmc2mb.zip 130.24 kB · 3 downloads

@jriker1 you may want this as well.

Yeah, the guide data is appearing now, so thats fixed. Thanks!

Only thing missing now is the Channel Logos as it just displays the Channel Name (this is a minor thing tho):

EmbyMissingChannelLogos.png.d3713a26aa6d8e7f2c244a7c39a5c764.png

Channel Logos as they appear in the WMC TV Guide:

WMCChannelLogos.png.30c722f5a0062e228a08672857e3fbab.png

Edited by shaneh20

Raptor6L

Hi Luke

Forgive my lack of programming knowledge, I don't know what you want me to do with this? I was expecting and MSI or exe file to install.

How do I add this as a plugin? I tried through the plugin section on Emby Server, but it only wants to install from the catalog.

Help!

Chris

6 hours ago, Raptor6L said:

Hi Luke

Forgive my lack of programming knowledge, I don't know what you want me to do with this? I was expecting and MSI or exe file to install.

How do I add this as a plugin? I tried through the plugin section on Emby Server, but it only wants to install from the catalog.

Help!

Chris

Well now that he's confirmed the guide data I'll get it up to the plugin catalog soon, so I would just wait for that. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Raptor6L said:

Ok, thanks Luke. Is it a big thing to allow the logos to come through as well?

The code is looking for them so I'm not sure why they're aren't.

• 2 weeks later...
Raptor6L

My Emby Server updated and restarted this morning. I've got the guide back now on all my clients. 

Thanks Luke!

Chris

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
gordymc

I need to revert to 4.6

I am using WMC in Australia. We get guide updates over the air.

serverWMC is no longer reporting any client activity, which in turn means the server is no longer registering any activity so consequently goes to sleep.

I need to revert server to 4.6 version. Can someone please advise how I go about doing this.

Ta,

G