EAC5.1 Not working - Recent Patch

venom760
Go to solution Solved by AndyXH,

FrostByte

Thanks, but it didn't make any difference with that change.  It really shouldn't need transcoding though. 

The app has always been able to play these DD+ 1536k files I create in the past.  I've been following your thread and though our symptoms are a bit different it seems like something has changed with DD+ playback recently.  I don't have any issues with DD+ 786 like you see from streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, etc.

FrostByte
7 hours ago, SamES said:

That sounds like it got stuck and never completed loading.   If you make a small sample of that video, does it still do it?  Can you send it to me?  

PM sent with sample displaying the same symptoms 

SamES
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Thanks, but it didn't make any difference with that change.  It really shouldn't need transcoding though. 

The app has always been able to play these DD+ 1536k files I create in the past.  I've been following your thread and though our symptoms are a bit different it seems like something has changed with DD+ playback recently.  I don't have any issues with DD+ 786 like you see from streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, etc.

That's what's throwing me.  Very little has changed between 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 on the client side.  Unless something changed between .0.40  and 0.60 release on the server, but I don't know what given it is DirectPlay?

FrostByte
7 minutes ago, SamES said:

That's what's throwing me.  Very little has changed between 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 on the client side.  Unless something changed between .0.40  and 0.60 release on the server, but I don't know what given it is DirectPlay?

I'm not really sure it started with 1.2.7 though it has been working fairly recently.  I don't normally watch stuff with HD audio with the Samsung app now that I have the Shield.  I use the Samsung app when watching stuff from Disney+, Netflix, etc because I think the colors are more accurate using the Samsung app.  So this might have started from a server or app change a couple versions back.

Before the Shield though I always used the DD+ track because it sounded the best that I could get out of the native app and direct play. 

The last time I'm sure it was working was in May when I was helping someone else create DD+ alternate tracks for all their movies.  This thread just prompted me to test it again now.

FrostByte

Looking at that other thread the last post was May 8 and it worked then.'

Edit: Well, looking at the logs it was app 1.2.6 and server 4.6.7.  So probably not much help.

Edited by FrostByte

rbjtech

Maybe something has changed with the tool you used to remux it rather than the client itself ?  Has this has any updates ?

Maybe try a direct ffmpeg create/add the new track and remux in one command ?

The below should create a new eac3 1536k track from track 1 (1st Audio track - the thd in your case) inserts it and then makes it the Default audio track and labels it.  All other tracks are just copied.

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:a:0 eac3 -ab 1536k -disposition:a:0 default -disposition:a:1 0 -metadata:s:a:0 title="Samsung DD+"  output.mkv

• Like 2

FrostByte
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Maybe something has changed with the tool you used to remux it rather than the client itself ?  Has this has any updates ?

Maybe try a direct ffmpeg create/add the new track and remux in one command ?

The below should create a new eac3 1536k track from track 1 (1st Audio track - the thd in your case) inserts it and then makes it the Default audio track and labels it.  All other tracks are just copied.

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:a:0 eac3 -ab 1536k -disposition:a:0 default -disposition:a:1 0 -metadata:s:a:0 title="Samsung DD+"  output.mkv

That looks like the same line SamES gave me in a PM.  I'll give it another shot though.

• Like 1