Samsung firmware version:

Unknown

Samsung Emby client version:

Latest

Emby server version:

Edited by venom760

SamES

What exactly is not working?

Can you please provide more information?

FrostByte

Same here I either get no sound or a black screen and no sound on anything where I created an EAC3 alternate track at 1536kbps.

Stuff from streaming apps at 786kbps is fine

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

With the black screen the timeline just sits at 0:00 and doesn't move though SFN says it's direct playing

FrostByte

Oddy, I'm only seeing it with 4K.  Tried some 1080p eac3 5.1 1536kbps plays fine

SamES
20 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Same here I either get no sound or a black screen and no sound on anything where I created an EAC3 alternate track at 1536kbps.

Stuff from streaming apps at 786kbps is fine

Is that trying to DirectPlay, or is it converting audio?

FrostByte

SFN says direct play, but the timeline isn't moving.  It's stuck with a black screen.  It should direct play though

SamES
8 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

SFN says direct play, but the timeline isn't moving.  It's stuck with a black screen.  It should direct play though

So what do you think has changed to cause this?  Server or client?  I'm assuming this was working previously.

FrostByte

Yes, they have all worked in the past.  I create a DD+ 1536 kbps alternate track on all my 4K movies just for using on the Samsung.

If I were to guess it has something to do with the link below

FrostByte

I think so, but I've been playing a lot of streamed media with the Samsung app lately so I can't say for sure.  

@venom760 what did you mean by the latest patch?  was it server 4.7.0.60 you just loaded?

venom760

So originally I usually run my TV at 1080 4MB, my brother told me to change it to AUTO; problem went away when I went to AUTO so looks like Direct Play is working Transcode is the issue.

FrostByte

Okay, then we may be seeing two different things.  My issue is with eac3 5.1 ffmpeg and high bitrate 4K files that are trying to direct play just sit there with a black screen.  1080p eac5.1  ffmpeg files direct play fine.

SamES
On 22/05/2022 at 08:06, FrostByte said:

I'm not sure which playback attempt had issues, but I can see some subtitle conversion/extraction going on.  Make sure the subs are disabled before playback and just check again please.

FrostByte
10 minutes ago, SamES said:

I'm not sure which playback attempt had issues, but I can see some subtitle conversion/extraction going on.  Make sure the subs are disabled before playback and just check again please.

I was probably testing multiple files

New log with just one test and subs turned off.

https://pastebin.com/Zj6TMRkf

Only one movie test Allied.  

• Like 1

FrostByte

You should see about 3 minutes of playback.  Timeline didn't move and all I see is a black screen and the rating did show in the upper left.  Other than that nothing.

FrostByte

When I first brought up the details page the HD audio and PGS sub tracks were default.  

Steps:

• switch audio track to eac3 5.1
  • turn subs to off
  • Click Play

SamES
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

You should see about 3 minutes of playback.  Timeline didn't move and all I see is a black screen and the rating did show in the upper left.  Other than that nothing.

That sounds like it got stuck and never completed loading.   If you make a small sample of that video, does it still do it?  Can you send it to me?  

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, SamES said:

That sounds like it got stuck and never completed loading.   If you make a small sample of that video, does it still do it?  Can you send it to me?  

It's every 4K movie I have where I created an EAC 5.1 track from ffmpeg that does this now. 

I'll create a sample and see if it still happens and upload it.

I need to go feed the barn animals though so it might be a while.  So don't wait :)

Thanks

SamES

Or send me your ffmpeg command to add the track and I'll try it here.

FrostByte

It's rather simple, but here's the line

ffmpeg -i input.thd -c:a eac3 -ab 1536k output.eac3

Then I remux it in as an alternate track.  Never had an issue before with Samsung.  Files work just fine with Android apps on my Shield if that helps.

• Solution
AndyXH

@FrostByte

Try this 

Currently as a work around. To do this, you need to install the Diagnostics plugin, reboot, then go to Diagnostic Options and scroll down a bit to see the two text fields.

Find: -segment_format mpegts

Replace: -segment_format mpegts -segment_format_options mpegts_flags=+system_b

image.png.13c8f37daf0a2f62336283d2fdd2237f.png

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, andreaxheli said:

@FrostByte

Try this 

Currently as a work around. To do this, you need to install the Diagnostics plugin, reboot, then go to Diagnostic Options and scroll down a bit to see the two text fields.

Find: -segment_format mpegts

Replace: -segment_format mpegts -segment_format_options mpegts_flags=+system_b

image.png.13c8f37daf0a2f62336283d2fdd2237f.png

Can do.  Is that going to do anything though if they are direct playing?

AndyXH

I didn't have an issues with my direct play and it fixed the issue then playing transcoded EAC 5. give it a try and let us know. 

Edited by andreaxheli
  • Like 1