No OSD with GPU selected (Desktop)

ArtMetz

ArtMetz

I'm using gpu for the video output setting to get smooth playback, however the OSD (On Screen Display) no longer appears (pause or Ctrl+d). It works with the other video setting, but my playback isn't smooth.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 151614.jpg

Hi, this is rare but does happen to a few people and right now there's no solution for it other than waiting for our new windows app, which is coming soon.

• 2 months later...
poormanshummer

Hi Luke,

Been having this issue for about a year. Is there an update for the update? Was thinking of switching to another device (maybe google tv) if the fix isnt coming out anytime soon (I get there are other priorities).  Is there any playback quality differences using a google play client vs an HTPC? 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:04 PM, poormanshummer said:

Hi Luke,

Been having this issue for about a year. Is there an update for the update? Was thinking of switching to another device (maybe google tv) if the fix isnt coming out anytime soon (I get there are other priorities).  Is there any playback quality differences using a google play client vs an HTPC? 

We are working on it. Hoping to have something soon.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ArtMetz said:

just an update, this doesn't appear to be fixed in the 8/19 build.

Art

Thanks for the update.

• 2 months later...
poormanshummer

Just updated to 3.0.17. I changed to gpu-next. Still no OSD. What I did see though, just as the video starts to load the OSD does appear. When the video starts the OSD disappears. Getting closer... 

Any other settings I should try?

In some environments there just isn't an answer to this as we can't render over the video. Our new windows app has taken a bit longer than we would have liked, but that's ultimately going to be the answer once available.

poormanshummer
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

In some environments there just isn't an answer to this as we can't render over the video. Our new windows app has taken a bit longer than we would have liked, but that's ultimately going to be the answer once available.

Appreciate the update Luke! The test build seemed to do the trick. 

generiq
1 hour ago, poormanshummer said:

I just tried the version posted by generiq. That did the trick!!! OSD works and still playing 4K. Thank you!

Cheers

@Luke

So that means something changes between the test build and the release.

poormanshummer
4 hours ago, Luke said:

They should be the same. Most likely he has something configured differently.

🤔 Hmmm. I'll poke around and see if I have different settings between the two. Stay tuned... 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, generiq said:

@poormanshummer I just quickly tested the new release. On first play after install, it had significant playback issues. Once I restarted the app, it worked correctly. So maybe give a few restarts?????

Hi, what issue?

poormanshummer
2 hours ago, generiq said:

@poormanshummer I just quickly tested the new release. On first play after install, it had significant playback issues. Once I restarted the app, it worked correctly. So maybe give a few restarts?????

Will give that a go! I compared settings from both installs and they were all the same from what I could see (screenshots attached).

Emby Screenshots.docx

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, poormanshummer said:

Got a noob question! How do you install it? Runs off the exe file no problem but doesn't actually install.

It's just a portable test build, so you unzip anywhere and just run it.

generiq
10 hours ago, poormanshummer said:

Tried a clean install of .17. Only setting I changed was for GPU. OSD still no bueno. Either way .16 works!

It needs to be gpu-next