New Music "Screensaver" + Remote = Bad

Gobaan

Gobaan

I use a remote with Emby Theater. I can see how the new music "screensaver" (I don't know what to call it) might work with a mouse, but it does not integrate well with a remote control. When I'm listening to music and moving around the screen using the remote, the screensaver just kicks in and takes the interface away from me. Then I need to use back/exit to return to the previous screen. After a few seconds, it rips the interface away from me again. At the same time, the remote actions feel ambiguous while in the screensaver. Is there a way to turn it off? I don't really see why I would want this screensaver at all. It doesn't really improve the user experience. I mean, if you actually had some really cool visualizations, it might be appealing. As it is now, it just infuriates me when the system rends control from me. It's reminiscent of the feeling a popup takes the focus on a webpage, or when a Windows system dialog pops up unnecessarily.

Gobaan

By the way, the Windows min/max/close controls are misplaced in the screensaver and appear near the top middle of the window

Gobaan

I was just using the keyboard arrow keys to navigate around the interface and, same thing, the screensaver just forces itself into action.

Hi, it's brand new and the transition in and out still needs to be improved, but it's coming. Thanks.