4.7.0.60 few minor issues

Statick

Statick

Really enjoying 4.7.0.60 so far, everything feels faster, smoother, slicker. Great job!

There's a few minor issues I've had since upgrading though

- tag entry under "edit metadata" in browser no longer gets focus when the input window opens. when you click to add a tag, you used to be able to start typing immediately, now you have to move the mouse and click on the input window before it gets focus. sometimes clicking once isn't enough and you have to click multiple times before it gets focus and you can start typing. when entering multiple tags this gets really tiresome, as it used to be that upon pressing "enter" to save the tag, you could then press "enter" again to enter a new one, start typing it, then press "enter" to save and "enter" to input a new one etc, and so it was quick and easy to enter multiple tags without having to touch the mouse. you can still press "enter" to input a new tag but now you have to click a mouse button to get focus every time! I've tested this in Firefox and Edge

- in "home videos & photos" libraries, you used to be able to favourite folders, and I have loads of these faved in my library. this seems to have gone, please bring it back!

- the checkbox on a thumbnail to mark something as "played", if it's on a folder, will mark all the contents as "played" but if you did this by accident, there's no way to undo it - clicking it again doesn't mark the contents as "unplayed" but instead marks them as "played" again. if you right click it, the menu contains an option to "mark as played" but no option to "mark as unplayed". this used to work in earlier versions - if you clicked it by accident and marked all the contents as "played", you could click it again to undo this and all the contents would be marked "unplayed". so far the only way I've found to undo this is to go into the folder, and multi select all the contents and mark them as unplayed, which is tiresome if there's a hundreds of videos as there's no "select all" either, you have to click each and every one of them in multi select

• Like 1

Happy2Play

10 hours ago, Statick said:

- the checkbox on a thumbnail to mark something as "played", if it's on a folder, will mark all the contents as "played" but if you did this by accident, there's no way to undo it - clicking it again doesn't mark the contents as "unplayed" but instead marks them as "played" again. if you right click it, the menu contains an option to "mark as played" but no option to "mark as unplayed". this used to work in earlier versions - if you clicked it by accident and marked all the contents as "played", you could click it again to undo this and all the contents would be marked "unplayed". so far the only way I've found to undo this is to go into the folder, and multi select all the contents and mark them as unplayed, which is tiresome if there's a hundreds of videos as there's no "select all" either, you have to click each and every one of them in multi select

But multi-select on the folder itself will allow played/unplayed for all its content.  But there are other topic on this.

seanbuff
10 hours ago, Statick said:

- tag entry under "edit metadata" in browser no longer gets focus when the input window opens.

Yes, am also seeing this as far back as 4.7.0.38 beta and is quite jarring for the reasons @Statick mentions.

Same goes for almost any button that opens a popup input box:

image.png.c484ab49141d5c2a53de96b9419c7928.png

Needs an additional mouse click to gain focus into text field.

Edited by seanbuff