Library logos not kid friendly

Guardian87
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Guardian87

Hi everyone,

I’m starting to set up Emby for my two kids slowly as well. The filtering of pg ratings works quite well, but for shared libraries like movies, there are the same posters in place sometimes show moon kid friendly pictures. Would it be possible to have these pictures only being generated from the content the user is allowed to view?

Example (even though not kid unfriendly at this moment)

Best regards

AB303471-EFE1-4D24-9501-5D5595642545.png

• Solution
GrimReaper

Nope, those are generated of all library content, regardless of access permissions; similar with Genre thumbs, they are created from ALL content, regardless of library. 

Your best bet is to manually assign Library/Genre images, lots of them in appropriate forum section:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/70-fan-art-videos/

Hi.  Yes, I would suggest creating your own images for the libraries.  Each library only has one image as opposed to different ones for different users.

Thanks.

Guardian87

Thanks for the feedback. I would have preferred a different solution per user but it is what it is. 

arrbee99

You can probably create your own in the same Emby style if you don't mind creating a temporary library with a few images in from which Emby will create one. You than find and copy that image to replace ones you don't like. There was a method somewhere but can't spot it at the moment.

Right you can just customize your own images for each library and then they won't see the auto generated ones.