Server Bandwidth

pepinacosplus
Go to solution Solved by pepinacosplus,

pepinacosplus

Hi, just tried the new version, Live TV seems to work ok. Loading speed increased a lot and tuners usually releases OK except in some SD channels that is struggling.

I have another problem not related to live tv. When 5-6 users play something at the same time. The server from outside come innacesible, its like emby is using all the bandwitch but monitoring the resourses its not using more than 10% of CPU and 150mbps of network upload speed (i have 1000mbps). I have the dedicated server connected via 2.5gbps LAN to a 10gbps switch. I can open more than 16 Live TV streams in local network and i can copy/move files in my local network at 200 Megabytes/sec. But emby cant maintain more than 6 streams from outside... Speedtest gives me almost all the bandwitch in my ISP plan...

947.76 Download / 89462 Upload.

I attach a log. Thanks.

embyserver.txt

Edited by pepinacosplus

pepinacosplus

Thanks for replying Luke, how i can check that? apparently i'm receiving the full speed of my plan.

I can play a 54.4 Mb/s 4K movie remotely fine, the problem start with more of 4-5 users,  regardless of the bitrate of the medium they reproduce, which is normally between 4 and 8 megabytes.

dashboard.png

One or two more users and the server will become unreachable even with a lot of speed free.

best regards.

Edited by pepinacosplus

2 hours ago, pepinacosplus said:

regardless of the bitrate of the medium they reproduce, which is normally between 4 and 8 megabytes

Hi.  One of the streams you show there is 57Mb/s.  it looks like you are saturating your upload bandwidth (possibly due to throttling).  Try setting a global streaming bitrate limit in that area you mention (5-8) so one person cannot use so much of the available bandwidth and see if that helps.

pepinacosplus

It was a test, with those clients server worked OK, i tried to saturate but it worked perfectly.

With more users (2-3 more) but with LESS overall bitrate it just get unreachable.

pepinacosplus

performing speed test looks OK

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Flexa Networks
        ISP: Triple A Fibra S.L.
    Latency:     1.48 ms   (0.06 ms jitter)
   Download:   948.26 Mbps (data used: 710.4 MB )
     Upload:   947.18 Mbps (data used: 1.4 GB )
Packet Loss:     0.0%

Happy2Play

Speed tests will always look good but don't really have any value for true file transfer from point to point.  Just like me asking why I only get a 55Mbps download from my gigabit server there is traffic shaping happening somewhere in the chain.

pepinacosplus

Tried the m-labs test and i obly got 200mbps upload and also test to upload to mega, uptobox and my vps and i only can get 15mb at max so yes, my isp is throttling.

Thanks for the tips guys. This didnt happen a weeks ago so they changed something for me.

Have you setup SSL on your Emby Server? Sometimes that can help prevent throttling, although it's not guaranteed.

pepinacosplus

Yes i have SSL setup to a dyndns domain with Let's Encrypt and ISS for reverse proxy.

I will call to my company tomorrow to see if they can do anything. Thanks.

Another thing you can try is using a different public facing router port.

pepinacosplus

ISP said that in ther side all is OK.Also they said that the probably is because using an encrypted port... But i tried in another machine with the same isp but different contract and uts the same. I do not know what more to do, switch to another company maybe but i think they all are doing this in my zone.

Edited by pepinacosplus

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
pepinacosplus

Switched to another ISP and now im getting full speed from remote access. Thanks for the tips guys!

• Thanks 2