About TAGs, how to apply them to current libraries and added content

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
I would like to know how it is possible to BULLY apply tags to all content in libraries EXCEPT LIVE TV.
explaining. I would like to have in all libraries (films, series, concerts, music etc) the BASE tag.
Thus, customers, all of them, would access all existing content, as the BASE tag would be applied to everyone's profiles.

My difficulty is also in building the tags so that the new content added automatically receives the BASE tag so that everyone can have access. Maybe apply the tag to library folders where everything inside the movie library (as an example) can be tagged.

In the case of live tv, I don't need to apply tags because the m3u list already contains the tag in each list, and so I can manually apply their tv tag to each user's profile, so that each user can view/play only live tv that contains your custom tag, such as tag examples; tv001, tv002, tv003.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hi, we don't currently have bulk editing features but they're planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

I would like to know how it is possible to BULLY apply tags to all content in libraries EXCEPT LIVE TV.
explaining. I would like to have in all libraries (films, series, concerts, music etc) the BASE tag.

You can use @VicMoore's tool to bulk-apply tags:

12 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

building the tags so that the new content added automatically receives the BASE tag so that everyone can have access

There are no provisions within Emby core for newly added content to automatically get tagged, it has to be done manually (either by editing metadata or using above tool). 

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Sort of depends on your setup/structure as Folders can be tagged causing all of its content to honor that tag. 

Example everything in folder A is controlled by the "Allow" tag.  So you can do basic access control at folder level instead of item level.

image.thumb.png.c5e7a2e2991f99be6726adab85130b5d.png

When you have multiple folders to make a library it is easy as you get these folders in folder view, but a single folder library is more difficult.

• Like 1