Skip Intro Default Toggle

marshallwyoung

marshallwyoung

Can we add a feature where I can toggle or set it in the settings to default the auto skip for the intro skip feature?

There are times when I prefer to leave a show running with multiple back to back episodes and it'd be great if it could auto skip over the intro's and extro's?

would be greatly appreciated,

• 3 weeks later...
marshallwyoung

Just want to say thank you for adding this feature. I have found it in Library Settings < Advanced Settings < Markers < Generate Intro Video Markers 

Drop down menu: "As scheduled task and when media is added."

Then, go to Playback < Intro Skipping 

Drop down menu: select "Show 'skip Intro' Button" or "Automatically Skip Intro"

So, it's there as an option which is great. However, I've selected both options and I don't see the changes in effect. I've restarted Emby between selections and I've ran metadata and library scans attempting to rescan library files to regenerate the markers and update the toggled selections. 

If the video season has more than one file will this only scan one file to make that marker? For example, if I have two video files S01E01 but say one is 720p and the other is 1080p. Which file has the marker generated? Or both? All?

Also, when Automatically Skip Intro is selected and the video file doesn't "Automatically Skip Intro", it doesn't display a Skip Intro Button as a backup option. I can understand why it wouldn't be included in the programming since it shouldn't need to display the button if it's supposed to auto skip but if it's not working it'd be great to have the option to display it. Idk if that's not possible to ask it to both display the auto skip button and auto skip. Maybe, set it to attempt auto skip and if it doesn't, display skip as an option?

Devs need to consider a scanning option for when these options are toggled/changed. Some sort of rescan feature that will specifically rescan to create intro markers or to rescan library for this purpose. Maybe, that's already built into the library scanning but there is nothing to inform me of that other than an assumption based in that the generate markers has been selected.

Also, it would be great if the metadata for each episode would include a section that displays details on whether or not intro markers have been generated for each episode. When I reviewed this option there was no section for it. So, if an episode is neither showing a 'skip intro' button or Automatically Skipping Intro during playback when either of those have been selected (and set to in both playback and library settings), its challenging to gain insight as to whether those features are malfunctioning or if the episode hasn't had an intro marker generated. By adding that insight to the metadata, with an option to rescan or regenerate a new intro marker, if necessary, that could greatly help troubleshoot that from the user end. 

Edited by marshallwyoung

3 hours ago, marshallwyoung said:

Also, when Automatically Skip Intro is selected and the video file doesn't "Automatically Skip Intro", it doesn't display a Skip Intro Button as a backup option

Hi.  The only reason auto skip wouldn't work is if there is no marker or it was in the wrong place so, there would be no way for the app to know to show a button either.

It would probably be best for you to create a new topic with details on the issue you are having so it can be investigated.

Thanks.