XBMB3C slow level loading since last update and error at XBMC startup

saitoh183

saitoh183

After last update i noticed switching from  Show to Season to Episode level is really slow. It takes like almost 2mins to get from season to episode level. Also when you stop a show, it can take up to 1min for the episode ist to show back up and going up back to season level and then to show level is like 1min  between each step. 

Second thing is that i keep getting a could not connect to host error at the start of xbmc. After the error pops, i can click on a section and it will still load content. I dont know if both problems are related. Here is my XBMC log.

http://tny.cz/405ee113

Let me know if i need to turn on xbmb3c debug.

Forgot to mention that the error that i see in xbmc is Error in ArtworkRotation Thread Timeout or ArtworkRotation Thread No JSON Object could be decoded

Edited by saitoh183
  • Like 2

xnappo

@@im85288 pushed a new version a little too agressively :)

@@im85288 - I think the latest Git has both of these fixed.  So let's push to the repo, but then lets please start using the beta repo.

Thanks,

xnappo

• Like 2

saitoh183

@@im85288 pushed a new version a little too agressively :)

@@im85288 - I think the latest Git has both of these fixed.  So let's push to the repo, but then lets please start using the beta repo.

Thanks,

xnappo

So i should wait for xbmc to prompt to update or manually get it from git

saitoh183

You can try the Git - im82588 will be pushing to the repo soon though - up to you.

xnappo

Ok i will wait for the push. I went back to ver 0.9.533 there is still a slight delay but i will see when i update

Angelblue05

I confirm the latest git version does fix the buffering issue. Good work and thanks! :)

+1 to using the beta repo from now on for new features until tested... I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say my family keeps getting aggravated when things breaks for no apparent reasons.

Edited by Angelblue05

saitoh183

You can try the Git - im82588 will be pushing to the repo soon though - up to you.

xnappo

was this done yet?

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have this exact problem. i jailbroke my ipad and I'm using xbmc as an app but when I open it I get an error message;

":URL Error: unable to connect to server" although some live TV channels are loading but working very slowly and buffer throughout so not really watchable but still clearly connecting.

another pop up box will say "error unable to connect to host" and when I press ok yet another error pops up titled "error in artwork rotation thread" and underneath that it says 'timed out'.

Now even loading system files is going slow and I've no clue how to fix this! I've used the maintenance tool and reduced cache to zero. Also, it says 2290 tv channels but the EPG won't load, and when I use ice films and 1channel no tv shows or movies will load when I navigate through the menu now.

I'm sorry I'm such a basic user and I'm aware these are different unrelated problems, but any help at all (preferably in mon technical lingo) would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
marcelveldt

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have this exact problem. i jailbroke my ipad and I'm using xbmc as an app but when I open it I get an error message;

":URL Error: unable to connect to server" although some live TV channels are loading but working very slowly and buffer throughout so not really watchable but still clearly connecting.

another pop up box will say "error unable to connect to host" and when I press ok yet another error pops up titled "error in artwork rotation thread" and underneath that it says 'timed out'.

Now even loading system files is going slow and I've no clue how to fix this! I've used the maintenance tool and reduced cache to zero. Also, it says 2290 tv channels but the EPG won't load, and when I use ice films and 1channel no tv shows or movies will load when I navigate through the menu now.

I'm sorry I'm such a basic user and I'm aware these are different unrelated problems, but any help at all (preferably in mon technical lingo) would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Well, I wonder if the iPad is strong enough to run both XBMC and the XBMB3c addon.

The XBMB3C addon gets lots of data (over the internet/network) from the MB3 server. It is optimized as much as possible but on really slow systems or connections it simply won't work perfectly...

Are you using a solid connection (wifi) on the iPad ?