Emby app don't show pictures

marciomaiden
Go to solution Solved by nadeemka2000@hotmail.com,

marciomaiden

Hello. 

Since the last update of emby server, in android tv and fire tv, emby app don't load any picture. In movie or series, I cant see the images of poster or any other. Even the pictures of actors don't load. Anyone with the same problem? 

marciomaiden

From what I understand from the app I can submit automatically. I already set this option active.

marciomaiden

All ok in web app And android app. I only have the problem in android tv and fire tv. I test in two android tv and have the same results. Pictures don't load 

Edited by marciomaiden

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, marciomaiden said:

From what I understand from the app I can submit automatically. I already set this option active.

There is no automatic log submission, you should follow the steps noted in the link here:

6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Please bring up a page with this problem and then  follow the instructions to send a log from the app and also post the server log here.

Thanks.

Particularly:

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new option on the user menu at the top of your app home page labelled "Send Log".

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

marciomaiden

If I follow the procedure, the logs from app are automatically send? Or not? 

Edited by marciomaiden

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, marciomaiden said:

If I follow the procedure, the logs from app are automatically send? Or not? 

If you follow the procedure, you should:

1. Recreate the issue

2. Press "Send logs" button

3. Post details User/Time here on forum, as noted above.

Whether you'll call that automatic or not is up to you. 

10 hours ago, marciomaiden said:

I install Version 72 all is OK now. 

I think that is a coincidence.  Something was causing your images to not load properly.  Having not seen the app log, not sure what it may have been.

marciomaiden

I have a box with the version that is on Google store and the problem continues. 

My network is OK, I tried with 5g from mobile and have the same results.

Or is the version of the app or something that appended in the update of the server. 

But as I said, with the new version is OK. 

8 hours ago, marciomaiden said:

I have a box with the version that is on Google store and the problem continues. 

My network is OK, I tried with 5g from mobile and have the same results.

Or is the version of the app or something that appended in the update of the server. 

But as I said, with the new version is OK. 

Hi, sounds like you just need the updated app version then.

There is absolutely nothing in the new beta that would impact image loading.  Try clearing cache and data on the app.

Or, try clearing your image cache on the server.  There may be corrupt images in there that are getting served to the existing app.

If you look in your imagecache folder on the server, are there any 0 byte files in there?

marciomaiden

Nope. As I said before, the problem was online on android tv and fire tv app. In web, android, all ok. The images loaded without problem. Install the new version solved the issue 

Install the new version solved the issue 

Thanks for the feedback.

marciomaiden

Hello again. I noticed that after a few days the app on Android tv and fire tv stopped showing the images again. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. After 2 days the same thing happened again. Yesterday I had to uninstall and install the app again for the images to be viewed.

marciomaiden

But in the Android and web version everything is still OK.

I don't know what could be happening