Do I use Synology (DSM 6) to install on Synology DSM 7 NAS?

ImGregoid

ImGregoid

I'm currently running DSM 7.1 on my Synology NAS. I was notified that Version 4.7.0.60 of Emby Server is now available for download.

My question is since there is no longer a Synology (DSM 7) category in the Emby Server NAS Download, do I use the download labeled Synology (DSM 6) instead?

I would hate to corrupt my data by upgrading to the wrong version.

Edited by ImGregoid

Hi, no, you'd just use the Synology category since that is for the latest version of DSM.

• Thanks 1

Hi Luke. My Synology 918+ updated to DSM 7.1-42661 on May 12th. Today I tried to update with "emby-server-synology_4.7.0.60_x86_64.spk" and get the following message "this package requires DMS 7.0-4000 or older". Am I using the wrong version or do I have to wait for a new version of Emby Server For the newer DMS?

FrostByte
24 minutes ago, Cubi said:

Hi Luke. My Synology 918+ updated to DSM 7.1-42661 on May 12th. Today I tried to update with "emby-server-synology_4.7.0.60_x86_64.spk" and get the following message "this package requires DMS 7.0-4000 or older". Am I using the wrong version or do I have to wait for a new version of Emby Server For the newer DMS?

Yes, you're using the wrong file and probably clicked on "Synology (DSM 6)".  DSM 7 downloads are under the first "Synology" link and filenames will have the number 7 right after Synology. 

example:

emby-server-synology7_4.7.0.60_x86_64.spk

@LukeHowever, I think it would be helpful if the webpage actually said DSM 7 at the top. 

• Agree 2