Extrafanart folder

yardameus

yardameus

I just recently noticed that if I go into the metadata manager and try and select a different backdrop (or fanart as it is now) I have a hard time getting it to not save the file into an extrafanart folder.  Even if I use the metadata manager to delete the old backdrop, it still saves the file as fanart2, and in the extra folder.  I mainly bring this up because I use the metadata manager to change the poster or banner, it just replaces it.  That, and I prefer not having subfolders in my movie folder.  If this is the expected behavior, I can manage it, just a bit if extra work (have to go into explorer and delete the empty folder).  Just wondering.  Thanks.

yardameus

Extra note for this, it seems if I delete the image and then go to a different video or metadata or subtitles (within metadata manager), it does not create this extrafanart folder.  It's as if the metadata manager isn't refreshing the fact that the first image has been deleted.

• 5 months later...
ginjaninja

is extrafanart now the standard location for backdrops? anything else? i want to tidy up my collection to match the current mb3 standards..thanks