Mediaportal source added but getting Playback error

pschweig

pschweig

Hi I'm eagerly checking out the new server version 4.7.

I've added MediaPortal as source in the LiveTv setting. The guide data refreshed ok and the guide has appeared in emby. Whenever I choose a program to watch though I get

Playback error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Do I need to do anything in this screen? I tried setting Guide Data Source on the channel to MediaPortal but despite pressing Save the setting is not retained and is blank again next time I go into the channel settings screen.

image.png.d5a9b478fa65ec5b24cfea3066022bde.png

pschweig

Hi Luke

Here's the server log when I tried to play a program using the Windows emby client.

I also tried from the ios app previously with the same resulting error but that is not captured in the attached log.

thanks

embyserver_190522.txt

Hi there, are you sure you waited for the guide refresh to finish? It looks like it might still be ongoing.

pschweig

How could I verify whether it has finished? How long is it likely to take?

I saw a progress bar appear after I added the Mediaportal TV Source - I think it said "Refresh Guide Data". The bar went part way along and then it disappeared. It seemed to be finished in a matter of seconds. Perhaps it didn't run properly?

• 2 weeks later...
thijsemby

Hi there, I have the same issue. Can you tell me whether there's an issue with the MP plugin or is it something in my setup? Thanks for your feedback.

embyserver.txt

On 5/31/2022 at 9:22 AM, thijsemby said:

Hi @Luke, not to rush you but did you already have a chance to look at this?

An updated version of the MediaPortal plugin is now in the catalog.

pschweig

Great I've got some tv coming through now! Looking forward to having a good test of the new version.

thanks all

• Thanks 1

thijsemby

Hello again, I get the impression I can only use one tuner at a time. Once I have one tuner in use, no other channel will play, and Mediaportal is not even showing any attempts to activate the other tuner. I've mapped all channels to both tuners. I see some errors in the logs, can you have a look? Thanks!

embyserver (1).txt

pünktchen

Why do you add multiple MediaPortal tuners to Emby? One tuner can handle multiple different stream requests, independently of the real transponder or mux in the TVServer. The real tuners in the TVServer are the limiting factor, not the virtual tuners in Emby.

thijsemby

Hi @pünktchen, thanks for your quick reply. To clarify: I only have one Mediaportal source configured in Emby. I meant it seems I can't use the 2nd real tuner.

pünktchen

What is the source of your MPExtended installation, from the MediaPortal forum or from my Github repo?

thijsemby

From the MP forum. Should I install from your Github? I just had a look at it, but it looks as if it's for developers?

pünktchen

Yes, please try my MPExtended version. I've changed something in regard to streaming, but can't remember exactly the problem with the original version.

pschweig

Thought I'd test simultaneous recordings after reading the posts above and I was able to record more than expdected.

I have a TBS 6205 Quad tuner card and I was able to record 6 programmes simultaneously. They are all Freeview UK unencrypted channels. Is it expected for Mediaportal to be able to do that? I presumed it would max out at four but perhaps Mediaportal can record 2 shows from one tuner if on the same frequencey?

pschweig
12 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, please try my MPExtended version. I've changed something in regard to streaming, but can't remember exactly the problem with the original version.

I have version 0.5.4 currently - should I upgrade to 0.6.0.4 from the link above? thanks