Port Mapper problem

Prydwyn

Prydwyn

Hope this is the right forum - and I've probably missed something obvious,bit hopefully some one can help...

Yesterday I was able to access Emby remotely on my phone. Today, I couldn't. I thought that maybe my PC had restarted due to an update or power failure. However when I got home my PC was running normally. I checked again, and when connected to the local network with WiFi I could access the server, but when I switched to mobile data my phone wouldn't connect. The only thing I noticed was that in the early hours of this morning the Port Mapper plugin had updated... As nothing else has changed I can only think that the issue is related to this.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
51 minutes ago, Prydwyn said:

Here's my log. Thanks for looking.

embyserver.txt 106.44 kB · 1 download

Personally never use automatic port mapping but have you tried restarting your router?

<errorDescription>ConflictInMappingEntry</errorDescription>

Devs may have more info but disabling UPNP and manual port forwarding would resolve this issue.

Prydwyn

I have always had the ports manually forwarded. I have just tried turning on and off auto port mapping on the server, and enabling and disabling uPnP on my router. I restarted both server and router after each configuration change, but it hasn't helped.

As I said originally, all was fine yesterday, but after the update of the Port Mapper plugin remote access has stopped working. Just a coincidence?

anonyms

already report to luke he is aware of this issue, wait for future update push for fixing the problem

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, Prydwyn said:

As I said originally, all was fine yesterday, but after the update of the Port Mapper plugin remote access has stopped working. Just a coincidence?

I would say yes but have no idea if one conflict with the other if you have manual and UPNP configured.

Please try one method and let up know which method with a server log if it does not work.

Test Emby ports via a site like canyouseeme.org

At the same time"2022-05-19 17:31:59.739 Info NetworkManager: Detected local ip addresses" line does not look correct to me

But am guess IPv6 is causing all the issues.

HtRabbit

IPv6 turned off

embyserver(1).txt

i deleted the upnp port mapping on the router, after reboot of server the ports were recreated on the router ports.png.f3fd522ac968fab4f9f9162ed49e952e.png

Edited by HtRabbit

hustlehard

I'm having the same issue. Running Emby server on the Nvidia Shield TV. After port mapper update I can no longer access remotely. 

hustlehard

I'm having the same issue after port mapper updated. Are you saying the auto port mapper is going to stay broken and I need to unistall it forward the ports manually. Or will there be an update to the auto port mapper? 

arron1985

I also have the same problem. I uninstall portmapper and install an older version it works until it updates. I hope there is a fix for this. 

48 minutes ago, arron1985 said:

install an older version it works until it updates. I hope there is a fix for this. 

Hi, what version did you install?

18 hours ago, hustlehard said:

I'm having the same issue after port mapper updated. Are you saying the auto port mapper is going to stay broken and I need to unistall it forward the ports manually. Or will there be an update to the auto port mapper? 

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

arron1985

I installed portmapper 1.0.3. There wasn't any reason why picked that one. I just thought I would give it a go and it work. 

On 5/24/2022 at 2:05 AM, arron1985 said:

I installed portmapper 1.0.3. There wasn't any reason why picked that one. I just thought I would give it a go and it work. 

OK, I would try the latest version again. Thanks.

hustlehard

I'm having the same issue. Running Emby server on the Nvidia Shield TV. After port mapper update I can no longer access remotely. On the newest port mapper still can't access remotely. I added logs. embyserver.txt

hustlehard

I'm still unable to access my media remotely with Emby Server running on Nvidia Shield TV 4.7.1.0 and Port Mapper 1.1.6 everything was working fine until the port mapper updates started. So I updated my server thinking that would fix the issue but still no dice.

embyserver.txt

Hi, you do understand that you don't have to rely on the port mapper and can always just setup port forwarding in your router, right?

Anyway, please try version 1.1.7 of the port mapper plugin that I just published. If there's still an issue then please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

hustlehard

Luke, you the man. You fixed my issue now using port mapper 1.1.7. I can access my media remotely again. Emby has been great. I really like the service and the help your team gives. Once you guys get the smart playlist features and faster search results I think a lot of user will only use Emby or Jellyfin. Emby is an nice service that's easy to use and configure and I don't have setup any ports. Thank you so much. Hopefully a lot of money is in store for you. 

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by ebr
Family policy

10 hours ago, hustlehard said:

Luke, you the man. You fixed my issue now using port mapper 1.1.7. I can access my media remotely again. Emby has been great. I really like the service and the help your team gives. Once you guys get the smart playlist features and faster search results I think a lot of user will only use Emby or Jellyfin. Emby is an nice service that's easy to use and configure and I don't have setup any ports. Thank you so much. Hopefully a lot of money is in store for you. 

embyserver (1).txt 28.55 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the feedback.