Updating embedded image for an Audiobook won't update images in Emby

dankles

dankles

Greetings,

I've updated the embedded images for an audiobook album with Picard, but I can't seem to get emby to see the change.

In Picard, you can see I've updated the embedded image for the whole album in the bottom right corner:

523727134_Screenshot(48).thumb.png.51b0b3061a759437eff25592877b39fd.png

Yet in emby, it still shows the old embedded image:

1580283748_Screenshot(49).thumb.png.2fc9e8b257a031e50e02ce2545989d9c.png

There are no images like `cover.jpg` or anything like that in the album folder. I'm only sourcing from the embedded images for the album.

I only have external image fetchers enabled for artists:

744643747_Screenshot(50).png.05023e803e894a2055624e02be697464.png

On songs, I only have the image extractor enabled:

1377218208_Screenshot(51).png.c315906fe8875a92257c66422089a643.png

Here are some of the things I've tried:

• I tried refreshing Metadata with replace images checked on: the entire audiobook library, the album, every individual file within the album
  • I tried removing the album and readding it
  • I tried deleting my entire audiobook library, then readding it. 😩

Because I've tried deleting and readding it, I'm assuming some sort of cached image keeps getting reused. Is there some way to prevent that? Or to clear out that cached image? I tried `Vacuum the database on the next Emby Server startup`, but that didn't seem to help at all.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been pulling my hair on this one for a couple hours now...

embyserver.txt

dankles

Can anyone help me with this? I think the issue is that the cached image is getting used, even if I refresh with replace images checked on. Is there a way to override that behavior? Or a workaround?

• 3 weeks later...

HI @dankles

The issue is that in Emby Server, tracks and albums have their own images, and changing one will not always flow through to the other. I think that's the part that we need to look at making a little easier and more obvious.

So for example, if you change the embedded image on a track and then refresh the metadata on the track in Emby Server, then you will get the new image, but you'll also have to manually change the album picture if you want that to have the new image as well.

• 2 weeks later...
SideCar
On 6/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, Luke said:

HI @dankles

The issue is that in Emby Server, tracks and albums have their own images, and changing one will not always flow through to the other. I think that's the part that we need to look at making a little easier and more obvious.

So for example, if you change the embedded image on a track and then refresh the metadata on the track in Emby Server, then you will get the new image, but you'll also have to manually change the album picture if you want that to have the new image as well.

This may be, but the cache is also an issue.

The cache is so dominant that there's literally no way to change things like the title short of deleting the media and re-adding it. No amount of re-tagging or manual editing of the .nfo will cause Emby to release the cached data and accept the changes. It just uses what's in the cache no matter what even if you have the metadata marked as locked. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, SideCar said:

This may be, but the cache is also an issue.

The cache is so dominant that there's literally no way to change things like the title short of deleting the media and re-adding it. No amount of re-tagging or manual editing of the .nfo will cause Emby to release the cached data and accept the changes. It just uses what's in the cache no matter what even if you have the metadata marked as locked. 

Hi @SideCar the cache of what exactly? If you refresh metadata on tracks and select the option to replace existing images, then those tracks will get their images replaced.