About Live TV - Channel Logo, EmbyServer 4.7x

CarlosLima
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

CarlosLima

Hi,
I use .mp3 list where the link to the channel logo image is indicated. When generating the list, Emby displays the image of the logo that is in the link, all perfect.
The problem occurs when this link is changed to any other (custom image). Emby continues to display the previous link, even cleaning the browsing data.
Is it possible to make Emby display the link image in the .m3u list when it is changed?
Thanks in advance.

download.png

logoerro.jpg

CarlosLima

Yeah sure, that's what I always do. Don't change, Emby insists on displaying the original list image. It is possible to change the image inside Emby but with thousands of logos to change it is not an ideal practice.

CarlosLima

I did a test on the logos. If I generate the list and BEFORE processing the list in Emby, I change the links, then Emby processes it with the customized logos. Does Emby cache the images in some folder, so that if I delete it, it reprocesses with the new logos? If Emby saves the images of the links in a folder, I would like to be able to delete the data from the folder, but only if there are no library images next to these images, that is, if it happens to deal only with live TV. Thanks

samuelqwe
On 5/18/2022 at 12:53 PM, CarlosLima said:

Does Emby cache the images in some folder, so that if I delete it, it reprocesses with the new logos? If Emby saves the images of the links in a folder, I would like to be able to delete the data from the folder, but only if there are no library images next to these images, that is, if it happens to deal only with live TV. Thanks

The logos should be stored in Emby’s metadata folder, and I’m pretty sure channel logos are in their own folder within that.

The path to the metadata folder should be on the Emby dashboard or under the Advanced tab on the Library page.

The default path will vary based on the platform used, but the default on Windows should be something like: %appdata%/EmbyServer/Metadata.

Edited by samuelqwe
Clarified default paths

CarlosLima

HELP, help please.
Well, I've spent the last 3 days (and I'm still) trying to understand why Emby doesn't update the live tv logo images, to the ones indicated in the m3u list links (image in the first post of this topic). I wasn't able to.
But I think someone from Emby development can clarify and help with this task.
Let's see the last details.
I have the latest beta version of EmbyServer on my local pc and I keep Emby accessed by clients on a vps pc with the libraries on google drive.
Well, I processed a new m3u list and BEFORE adding this list to Emby, I edited (replaced) all the logo links, pointing to the images that I host on the IMGUR image server.
So I added the list to Emby and amazed, the images are not the ones from the links but old images, because my user was already using live tv, although with the same list that I'm using now, but renamed, that is, I renamed it the list to another name and still the images are not updated. Of course, I've already updated everything possible, including cleaning browsing data, etc.
I also applied this same list to another user and same problem; old images.
The worst is still that I understand to be a problem in Emby.
Believe me, I replaced each of the 860 logos manually and just so I could see the new logo images, not because Emby finally used the link images but because I replaced each logo image manually. Now imagine, I have 30 lists and that means I would have to swap 860 logos in 30 lists, which doesn't seem practical.
And the worst thing is that, this list from which I changed the logos and that in the local Emby is displaying the new images, when sending the same list to the EmbyServer in the VPS, Emby did the processing and the incredible, the images did not they are the new ones but the old ones.
This is somewhat annoying and there must be some file or folder that stores such images and Emby does not consider the replacement.
I REALLY NEED CONCRETE HELP. @Luke
Thank you very much.

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hmn, it looks like Emby saves the logo images for each user.
I have now changed a single channel logo for a user.
Then apply that user's list to another user.
When opening the live tv on this other user, the new logo is not displayed, but the previous logo.
This is all in manual editing.
BUT WHY DOES EMBY NOT CONSIDER THE IMAGE HOSTED IN THE LINK IN THE LIST?
I need help please.

Edited by CarlosLima

samuelqwe

Emby won’t change image logos automatically, they are downloaded once and will stay like that unless manually changed.

If you want to redownload all the logos, you have to go in the metadata folder as I alluded to in my previous comment and delete the livetv folder to get rid of all the logos. After a guide refresh or two, all the logos will have been redownloaded and should now be up to date.

Also, just to note, Emby prefers images from the guide data when those are present.

• Thanks 1

CarlosLima

Hi, @Samuelqwe
Very grateful for your message and I think I missed your previous message, I'm sorry.
I saw that I have subfolders inside the metadata/livetv folder and that added together exceed 40,000 files.
I deleted all the subfolders and I am updating the tab already the second time. When finished, I confirm the result here.
Again, thank you very much.

CarlosLima

Do you happen to know if it is possible for Emby to prioritize the logo images of the links present in the m3u list?
If not, I will prefer not to use the programming guide, because for me the custom logos are more important than the EPG. Thanks.

samuelqwe
50 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Do you happen to know if it is possible for Emby to prioritize the logo images of the links present in the m3u list?
If not, I will prefer not to use the programming guide, because for me the custom logos are more important than the EPG. Thanks.

I don’t think you can, but @Luke would know for sure.

Currently we only import the image if the channel doesn't already have an image assigned. So what you could do is delete the existing image and then run the refresh guide scheduled task.

CarlosLima

Understood @Luke, thanks for your message. Deleting 8000 logos one by one is not a comfortable task. I deleted the livetv folder in metadata, over and over again and after that, I updated the tv guide too over and over again and Emby only replaced a small part, something like 20% and all the rest (80%) it kept the old logo image, as if removing the folder wasn't enough, as if Emby cached it or some other folder.
Is it possible to delete all the logos at once or do I really need to delete them one by one from within Emby?
Thanks

10 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Understood @Luke, thanks for your message. Deleting 8000 logos one by one is not a comfortable task. I deleted the livetv folder in metadata, over and over again and after that, I updated the tv guide too over and over again and Emby only replaced a small part, something like 20% and all the rest (80%) it kept the old logo image, as if removing the folder wasn't enough, as if Emby cached it or some other folder.
Is it possible to delete all the logos at once or do I really need to delete them one by one from within Emby?
Thanks

Well you could just remove the whole tuner source and then add a new one.

CarlosLima

I did that too, even the new m3u lists were renamed before adding again and same problem, it only brought 20% new logos.
Isn't there even a folder where the logos are stored so I can delete them all and Emby recreates?
Deleting one by one from within Emby does reset the correct logo, but the volume makes the task exhausting.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Isn't there even a folder where the logos are stored so I can delete them all and Emby recreates?

Are they not in /metadata/livetv/idfolder/metadata/the image?

CarlosLima

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\livetv

All the time I'm working my way up

So deleting all those hundreds of subfolders only partially solves the problem, the 20% I quoted earlier.

In this case, your path is the same as mine.
In practice, when deleting all subfolders inside the livetv folder, I confirm that it is empty, but when updating the tab, 80% of the logos revert to the old ones (in yellow) and only 20% are the new logos (in blue)
In the m3u list I already check that the links are all correct, pointing to the blue logos. This makes me believe that Emby caches (which is not cleared) or we have a bug.

I now delete exactly 100 logos inside Emby, one by one and when updating the tab, Emby has reset the 100 logos all correct (in blue color). I believe that only when deleting the subfolders inside the livetv folder the problem occurs.
I don't think it makes any difference, but I never deleted the livetv folder itself, but only the subfolders within it.

logoss.jpg

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Finally resolved.  After 3 days of stress I found the solution.  Simply delete everything from live tv and redo it from scratch.  That way all logos were quickly displayed correctly for all m3u lists.  Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Edited by CarlosLima

• Solution

Deleting the tuner would have been enough. All you need to do is wait for the refresh guide to finish after doing that.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
tattler

Hi, I stubled upon this thread. I am also having the same issue with Live TV station logos not getting updated after the guide data was refreshed. All logos are wrong. The only way workaround is to delete the tuner and re-add it. This works but is not ideal. I have set up the correct icons in xteve and I can see that. Why Emby will not update the logos? Thanks in advance for any info!

7 hours ago, tattler said:

Hi, I stubled upon this thread. I am also having the same issue with Live TV station logos not getting updated after the guide data was refreshed. All logos are wrong. The only way workaround is to delete the tuner and re-add it. This works but is not ideal. I have set up the correct icons in xteve and I can see that. Why Emby will not update the logos? Thanks in advance for any info!

Hi, this is to preserve any changes you might have made using the emby web interface, but we plan to provide more control over this in future updates. thanks.

• Thanks 1

joekingcool
On 5/22/2022 at 7:30 PM, Luke said:

Currently we only import the image if the channel doesn't already have an image assigned. So what you could do is delete the existing image and then run the refresh guide scheduled task.

@Luke

this dont seem to be the case. im using the recent beta as well. i gave up on this topic a while back because i found the right folders to backup. which worked countless times. then last night i lost guide channels recording ect. so after restoring to a good backup and still issue happened. im now going threw the painful rebuild emby from scratch. which isn't bad until you organize livetv. i only have about 150 channels, that i whittled it down to as well. 

so if emby does what i think you are saying it does.  then it should choose the image in the m3u first, correct?

1 hour ago, joekingcool said:

@Luke

this dont seem to be the case. im using the recent beta as well. i gave up on this topic a while back because i found the right folders to backup. which worked countless times. then last night i lost guide channels recording ect. so after restoring to a good backup and still issue happened. im now going threw the painful rebuild emby from scratch. which isn't bad until you organize livetv. i only have about 150 channels, that i whittled it down to as well. 

so if emby does what i think you are saying it does.  then it should choose the image in the m3u first, correct?

Why do you think it's not the case?