tube82 - we need you!

xnappo

xnappo

@@tube82 - you helped a lot in the past with verifying artwork is correct.  We just had a massive change to the code as a long-standing server issue has been resolved so that we no longer need to provide an image proxy in our code.

Could you please try the latest Git version and let us know if you see any missing/wrong art?

Thanks!

xnappo

OK, some first feedback.

Everything seems very smooth and I couldn't find any wrong art yet.

The only thing I mentioned so far is that fallback images are not used.

For comparison I created two screenshots with the same version of the Titan skin and with the same selection.

First with the latest repo version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4eVF1STZoSC1vRk0/edit?usp=sharing

And once with the Git version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4UFNNcXY1WEh6b2c/edit?usp=sharing

A couple of those new shows don't have 16:9 thumbs yet, so the skin automatically uses the backdrop as a fallback, but this doesn't seem to work in the new version.

• Like 1

xnappo

Thanks.

Weird thing is I cannot find the fallback code in the old version.  To make sure I am looking for the right thing - you are expecting that when there is no episode thumb it falls back to the Series thumb.  Is that right?

The closest code I can find is this:

elif type == "poster" and data.get("Type") == "Episode" and self.addonSettings.getSetting('useSeasonPoster')=='true': # Change the Id to the Season to get the season poster
            id = data.get("SeasonId")

We could do something like that if there is no episode imageTag - but it has to already be in the old version somewhere :)

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

Okay, I think I found it.

Can you try a manual edit?

Go into lib/DownloadUtils.py, ~line 317 replace:

if type=="Backdrop" and getSeriesData==True and data.get("ParentBackdropImageTags") == None:        

with

if type != "Backdrop" or (type=="Backdrop" and getSeriesData==True and data.get("ParentBackdropImageTags") == None):        

You will have to restart XBMC for the change to take effect.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

I just tried the change but that didn't change anything for me.

I think I mean something different. The Skin tries to display the 16:9 thumb of the TV Show. If no such image exists in the MB3 library, the Skin displays the backdrop (fanart) of the show instead of no image at all.

The same happens for movies that don't have a 16:9 thumb.

This is not a case of fallback to the parent item, e.g.: No season thumb exists -> display series thumb.

• Like 1

xnappo

Okay, I guess I will have to delete some art to see if I can find it.

There is this line in default.py that should be doing exactly what you are saying:

if extraData['thumb'] == '':
            extraData['thumb'] = extraData['fanart_image']

xnappo

Oh - but that code is for the main browsing.  Can you confirm the problem is only in widgets?

xnappo

xnappo

Looks like it has something to do with 'landscape' art.  @@im85288 - do you remember fixing something here with the old setup?  I can't find any code that would fix this, but it used to work.

xnappo

im85288

Looks like it has something to do with 'landscape' art.  @@im85288 - do you remember fixing something here with the old setup?  I can't find any code that would fix this, but it used to work.

xnappo

No idea on that one, I pushed a new version to the repo with your fixes in.

boywhosetsfire

Hey guys,

I still had situations where a black background was displayed if no backdrop images where defined. I just pushed a fix to Github. But could you please also check if I broke something? I'm not sure if my tests covered all situations where problems might occur.

Thanks!