Live TV gone after Server and Plugin Update

nanuk

nanuk

Hi,

this morning I updated Emby Server to version 4.7.0.60 and updated also the MediaPortal Plugin (automatically).

Since this update no LiveTV is shown anymore in any Emby App 😞

Maybe the configuration für the MediaPortal plugin is gone!?

Please help!! 🙂

Edited by nanuk

pünktchen

You have to add MediaPortal as a tuner under Live TV. Unfortunately with this new approach you cannot create MediaPortal recording timers anymore from within Emby.

nanuk
9 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

You have to add MediaPortal as a tuner under Live TV. Unfortunately with this new approach you cannot create MediaPortal recording timers anymore from within Emby.

Is there a plan to make this possible again, or won't it be possible to create MediaPortal recording timers in the future?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, nanuk said:

Where can I define the media portal channel group that should be shown in Emby?

Not there yet. I'll try to make it possible at the weekend.

1 hour ago, nanuk said:

Is there a plan to make this possible again, or won't it be possible to create MediaPortal recording timers in the future?

It won't be possible, but the Emby recording options will expanded. You can already create schedules for specific days and channels now in the new Emby version.

nanuk

Can you please explain why all settings for MP plugin are gone with the new version? And what changed in emby server that makes the old plugin not work anymore?
The only thing I found in the changelog of 4.7.0.60 is "Add view settings to Recordings tab in Live TV" 😞

I just want to understand what happend there 🙂

For now I did a downgrade back to 4.6.7.0
Thanks and greetz

Edited by nanuk

pünktchen
24 minutes ago, nanuk said:

Can you please explain why all settings for MP plugin are gone with the new version?

Because the lead developer of Emby stripped away all the settings code from the plugin to make it compatible with the new server version. I just didn't have the time yet to re-add some of the plugin settings. Especially because i didn't even know if somebody is still using this plugin.

24 minutes ago, nanuk said:

And what changed in emby server that makes the old plugin not work anymore?

The api the plugin was using to communicate with Emby and that did allow to create tv backend recordings from within Emby is completely removed from the server. Not my decision! One reason is probably to minimize effort when making changes to Emby's live tv engine. The Emby devs would have to make it for the core live tv and the plugin api. But that's just speculation. Personally i think the devs should have made it the other way like in Kodi. One api with all functionality for all live tv sources.

Edited by pünktchen

emveepee

Emby decided they want to control everything to do with Live TV and with the change they made backends like TVHeadend, MP,. NextPVR and WMC effectively useless for other native clients and Kodi.   I didn't support this idea and so I dropped development of the NextPVR addon.  Luke did take it ovr but it still needs work so I told NextPVR users to hold off.

I am sure some user will be happy just using Emby and for them this will eventually turn out to be useful.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

nanuk

Hi pünktchen,

thank you very much for the explanation.
And thank you also for the work you're doing to keep the mp plugin alive!
Your plugin is one of the most important reasons why I use Emby and some of my friends also do 😉
So be assured there a lot of people that are using your plugin!!! 

I would be very thankful if you keep supporting the mp plugin! 
If you need someone to do some testing don't hesitate to contact me!

greetz
nanuk

Edited by nanuk
  • Agree 1

leetxjd

@pünktchen

Do you have a Venmo or Patreon or PayPal?

You deserve a Thank You.  I truly depend on this plugin for MediaPortal and Emby.  I travel for work and I use this all of the time.

I have a sense this won’t be the only issue to arise with the new Emby approach.

emveepee

JellyFin use the old style plugins but they are really outdated. They don't have the EPG image delete optimizations and on demand recording load that came after the fork.

Martin