Emby Server Update Version: 4.7.0.60

WalterW
Go to solution Solved by WalterW,

WalterW

Applied the latest Emby Server update Version: 4.7.0.60 to my Windows PC and now I cannot access the server dashboard  or any admin pages except the Metatdata manager.  Not even the Supervisor user has access to the dashboard.

Edited by WalterW
add version info

Hello WalterW,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
WalterW

Solution found: Used the Supervisor user to click gear icon. Select "Manage Server". Select each Admin user on the Users page, then uncheck "Allow this user to manage the server", then save. Then check "Allow this user to manage the server", then save.  Now admins can manage server

Edited by WalterW
clarify solution

Betelgeuse

Started the update, but it seems it will install Emby from scratch by "Add your first user" (or similar), so I aborted.

Why isn't Emby update automatically as it used to?

I am afraid of having to set up all users etc. again ...

UPDATE:

Found the error!
The problem was I am running the server as a service with "NSSM - the Non-Sucking Service Manager".
When running as a service it cannot auto update!
I simply shut the server down, restarted it with running the EmbyServer.exe and the update worked as before.

After that I once again shut down the server and restarted the service!

Edited by Betelgeuse

WhackOBill

Same issue.  Trying his workaround.

No dice for me.  The Admin section still just has the MetaData Manager option for the user.  It's still missing the Admin Server entry.

Plus I've learned that you can't edit and save the attribute without leaving and coming back to the screen.  For example, you can edit the check box to disable admin access and save it.  But you must leave the user screen and come back to turn it back on.  You can't stay in that screen and simply turn it back on and save it again ... you get a continuous spinning wheel if you try.

Edited by WhackOBill

Betelgeuse
On 5/20/2022 at 10:14 AM, Betelgeuse said:

Edited by Betelgeuse

Hi, you can still click the gear icon in the top right to get to the admin section.