SSL Issues with 4.7.0.60

moviefan

moviefan
On 6/7/2022 at 7:20 PM, Happy2Play said:

Is it just a Windows 7 issue having issues connecting?

I can see your HTTPS login page without issue from my Windows 10 system.

No I don't have any Win7 clients.  This is a mostly isolated system only used for running Emby.  You can see the page because it's running the version that works.  Turned off auto updates and guess I'll be staying here until something else breaks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, moviefan said:

After upgrading to 4.7.0.60 I was unable to connect over HTTPS to my system.  Received browser warning that session was not encrypted.  Couldn't find any way to proceed.  Downgraded back to 4.6.7 and issue went away.  Not sure what changed here in new version.

What does FireFox say?

scb99

I forget the details but Firefox has special stuff where you have to specificslly allow ssl ports above, Im not sure, 1000 or 10000. Any chance this could be an issue? Could you try another browser?

Edited by scb99

moviefan
22 hours ago, Luke said:

What does FireFox say?

The HTTPS port didn't appear to be responsive at all post upgrade from what I remember.

moviefan
21 hours ago, scb99 said:

I forget the details but Firefox has special stuff where you have to specificslly allow ssl ports above, Im not sure, 1000 or 10000. Any chance this could be an issue? Could you try another browser?

I did try other browsers (Safari, Chrome).  Firefox works fine on the same port with the updated .NET runtime compiled with Emby so I don't see how it could be browser related.

5 minutes ago, moviefan said:

The HTTPS port didn't appear to be responsive at all post upgrade from what I remember.

I thought you said it was responsive but that the browser was saying it was insecure?

moviefan

I think that it gave me a warning about it being insecure the very first time but then after I tried to click through it just became unresponsive and then all subsequent attempts from any browser.  It's been over a month now though and my memory is a little fuzzy TBH. 

I mean, it seems like it's definitely related to the .NET framework build because as soon as you issued the extra components for the lower version of .NET framework the issue resolved itself.  No?  Something else you are considering?

51 minutes ago, moviefan said:

I think that it gave me a warning about it being insecure the very first time but then after I tried to click through it just became unresponsive and then all subsequent attempts from any browser.  It's been over a month now though and my memory is a little fuzzy TBH. 

I mean, it seems like it's definitely related to the .NET framework build because as soon as you issued the extra components for the lower version of .NET framework the issue resolved itself.  No?  Something else you are considering?

Can you show a screenshot of your emby server network settings?

moviefan
7 hours ago, Luke said:

And the settings at the top?

Look up at the previous message.  I had to to do separate screenshots.

moviefan

Shoot.  I tried changing that setting and then updating from 4.7.1.0 to 4.7.5.0 and the updater keeps crashing when trying to start it up so now it's completely broken.

I assumed I would be able to restore the old directory like I had done in the past but can't even get Emby to start now.

Is there some way to turn off the update flag and just have it try to start normally?

moviefan

Update: Found the log pointing to the programdata/updates directory file and just moved that and it is starting up normally in 4.7.1.0 again.  Looks like I am stuck here.

3 hours ago, moviefan said:

Shoot.  I tried changing that setting and then updating from 4.7.1.0 to 4.7.5.0 and the updater keeps crashing when trying to start it up so now it's completely broken.

I assumed I would be able to restore the old directory like I had done in the past but can't even get Emby to start now.

Is there some way to turn off the update flag and just have it try to start normally?

I would try it again but install the update from the website over the top.

moviefan
On 7/4/2022 at 2:15 PM, Luke said:

I would try it again but install the update from the website over the top.

I am quite scared to do this now after the update failed and seemingly bricked my Emby install until I figured out how to recover by deleting the update file.

Is there any recovery option if this doesn't work?

Edited by moviefan

11 hours ago, moviefan said:

I am quite scared to do this now after the update failed and seemingly bricked my Emby install until I figured out how to recover by deleting the update file.

Is there any recovery option if this doesn't work?

You could just back up the entire server program data folder.

moviefan

Okay so I tried this using the online installer.  The update happened successfully but it went back to what was happening before.

It does appear like the HTTPS port is responding but I just receive this screen trying to connect to it:

When I click on the error in the address bar and then more information this is what it shows:

Edited by moviefan

moviefan
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

May want to edit or remove your images.

Huh.  Remove what images?

49 minutes ago, moviefan said:

Okay so I tried this using the online installer.  The update happened successfully but it went back to what was happening before.

It does appear like the HTTPS port is responding but I just receive this screen trying to connect to it:

926730516_ScreenShot2022-07-09at7_12_35PM.thumb.png.395249813b279c77bbab8101ed7afd21.png

When I click on the error in the address bar and then more information this is what it shows:

783074792_ScreenShot2022-07-09at7_13_04PM.png.60d3f9303a08f1a1cb992436a4f5ed9b.png

OK since you have this build we can take the opportunity to try a few things and see if they'll resolve it. Can you try unzipping this over the top?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/no78bfzrvottwdp/embyserver-win-x64-4.7.5.0.7z?dl=0

Thanks.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, moviefan said:

Huh.  Remove what images?

The ones with your domain and port.

moviefan
2 hours ago, Luke said:

OK since you have this build we can take the opportunity to try a few things and see if they'll resolve it. Can you try unzipping this over the top?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/no78bfzrvottwdp/embyserver-win-x64-4.7.5.0.7z?dl=0

Thanks.

Tried this and experienced the same issue.  Also to note: I tried connecting with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari and all of them had issues connecting and said that SSL was unsupported in different ways.

Safari actually let me say I still wanted to visit the website but all that happened was a huge Emby logo was displayed in the middle of the screen and it never loaded the homepage.