SSL Issues with 4.7.0.60

moviefan

moviefan

After upgrading to 4.7.0.60 I was unable to connect over HTTPS to my system.  Received browser warning that session was not encrypted.  Couldn't find any way to proceed.  Downgraded back to 4.6.7 and issue went away.  Not sure what changed here in new version.

Happy2Play

Not seeing an issue witn my ssl connection test.

image.png.5481bd380da8d74c9934369e36e1b80e.png

Probably need to see the server log for 4.7.0.60.

neik

There was some problem during the beta with Let's Encrypt certificates - currently on my smartphone and didn't find it quickly.

If he upgraded from stable to stable then he might be experiencing that.

it looks like you're using your web app over plain http. Try switching it to https instead.

moviefan

You're just seeing my connection that I manually used after HTTPS wasn't working.  I guess I will just wait for more to upgrade and see if anyone else reports this behavior.

Mookdog

I had a problem with the past beta run where my ssl wasnt working. I removed portmapper and forwarded the ports in my router and the problem was solved

Mook

Edited by Mookdog
Spell correction

deccat

I have the same issues.

4.6.7.0 https/ssl is OK.

4.7.0.60 https/ssl is not OK.

Certutil  "Encryption test passed".

moviefan

Heh I came back to post more logs but seems like others are seeing this now.  I upgraded again and experienced the same issue.

Painkiller8818

I can't confirm any issues with 4.7.0.60 and my SSL.
I use Emby on Win 10

Everything seems ok, tested it with my android phone and chrome browser from outside my network

moviefan

Thanks so same deal as me.

I am running on Windows 7; how about you?  What about others in this thread experiencing issue?

Painkiller8818
11 hours ago, moviefan said:

I am running on Windows 7; how about you?  What about others in this thread experiencing issue?

i am running win 10 as win7 isn't suported anymore from windows. 
Maybe you should do an inplace upgrade to win 10 and make it work again.

Q-Droid
13 hours ago, moviefan said:

This is useful info. The devs could answer but it's possible that the latest release removed cipher suites and/or protocols that Windows 7 was still relying on for the HTTPS connections. Maybe the new release can no longer fallback to those ciphers/protocols.

Edited by Q-Droid

moviefan
1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

i am running win 10 as win7 isn't suported anymore from windows. 
Maybe you should do an inplace upgrade to win 10 and make it work again.

I'm not very inclined to upgrade operating systems unless we identify this as the reason it's not working.  @deccat & @Elsaya can you confirm the operating systems you're running?

Elsaya

I use also Windows 7. But I downgraded back to 4.6.7, because the Mediaportal Plugin has also changed. 

Hmm. I wonder if the updated .NET runtime and aspnetcore are requiring something not supported by the older version of windows.

• Agree 1

moviefan
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hmm. I wonder if the updated .NET runtime and aspnetcore are requiring something not supported by the older version of windows.

This would allow the program to run but just not support HTTPS?

Just now, moviefan said:

This would allow the program to run but just not support HTTPS?

If it's related to the tls version then possibly, yes, given that windows 7 doesn't support tls 1.2+. 

deccat
13 hours ago, moviefan said:

I'm not very inclined to upgrade operating systems unless we identify this as the reason it's not working.  @deccat & @Elsaya can you confirm the operating systems you're running?

I'm using Windows 10 as a server and finally solved the problem using a 3rd party reverse proxy.

moviefan

So it's also not working in Windows 10?  Is Win10 still officially supported by Emby?