Connection Failure in chrome browser

Scottieboi

Scottieboi

For the past hour I have been trying to load up my dashboard, and it jjust gives me connection error check the server is running.
It is running on all my devices except Chrome, I tried it in i.e. (discontinued) so tried on edge and Opera and firefox, all returning the same message unable to connect check it's running etc
So apart from the desktop that I have server installed on (only used as server) I have no access via browser's all the app's appear to be working fine, but I do most viewing and control via browser on my laptop, but as I said I have no access on the laptop via any browser.

To add to that when I add my details, I have no server there to select, so I selected add server (which is running) and add the IP address and it still comes up with the same message cannot connect check...... and yet it is running atm on my tv.

Edited by Scottieboi

ike301

I'm having the same exact issue using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox from different PC's. However, the dashboard is loading fine on the server itself. I can also connect using my Android devices. I noticed that the connection isn't secure when trying to view the dashboard from any browse before it fails to load. Someone else who I know that uses Emby just confirmed the same issue. 

Scottieboi

Thanks for the reply, I have tried all my apps and they work as expected, with the exception of Chrome/opera.
I think it's a security issue but I disabled secure connection to the app/web and still the same thing.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Hi. What happens if you put that IP address directly in the browser address bar?

1 hour ago, Scottieboi said:

Same result

What exactly do you get? Can you please show a screenshot? Thanks.

Scottieboi

The screen shot was already posted, looks exactly the same as the first image.
However, the problem has been resolved,  I just tried the ip in browser, it came up with the server and when I entered my details it loaded up.
I thought it might be something to do with security, a reduntant certificate etc 

As for the app.emby.media page (tried on all browsers) still returns with the same issue, but as long as I have access i'm happy

Anyway as always thanks for the assistance 

59 minutes ago, Scottieboi said:

As for the app.emby.media page

I don't think you could use that with an internal IP address...  It would have no route to it.

Scottieboi

I don't know about that,  but as an example of what I mean, is when I come here, I click on sign in and it takes me to a server setup, usually I just log in and if there was an issue I manually added the ip address, always worked up until today.

I should've mentioned when I do go to the sign in, here on this web page, that also doesn't work, takes me to server setup click next I log in then it would redirect to my server page, but even using that method it comes back with the same meesage as I posted earlier, unable to connect etc

Edited by Scottieboi

ike301

So, any word on this issue? The screen shot already uploaded by Scottieboi is exactly what I'm seeing. I tried using my internal and external IP address as well with no luck. It's happening using all known browsers. My Android phone and Nvidia Shields are not affected. 

Happy2Play

@Lukeisn't this the CORS issue we have been dreading?

image.thumb.png.176cd30ce3d6e84bb3b457ce9d50d42b.png

Please try clearing browsing data and then give it another try. Thanks.

Happy2Play
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please try clearing browsing data and then give it another try. Thanks.

Resolve my test.

So we would need to know if everyone else is getting console errors in the browser?