Run faster movie

MAX92

MAX92

Because there is some problem with EMBY for TV, I try Emby For Android 3.2.48, but impossible to watch a movie / TV record in fast motion (x1,25 or more).

Normally, I use Emby for TV 2.0.70g on my Shield TV PRO 2019 and I can watch faster only if the option "audio output" is on "downmix stereo"

MAX92

When I try to put X1,25 or quicker, nothing happens. I think it is something with the sound but on EMBY Android, there is not the same option as EMBY for TV like  "audio output" - "downmix stereo"

13 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

When I try to put X1,25 or quicker, nothing happens.

Okay, that is probably the same thing as the TV app - you cannot alter the speed if bitstreaming the audio.   The TV app just doesn't let you even select the option in that case but the standard app may still be allowing it.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:57 PM, MAX92 said:

And I can't change bitstreaming of the audio on the standard app.

Do you need to?

• 10 months later...
MAX92

@LukeHello, do you have some news ? Because for the moment, it is impossible to play a video in accelerated mode on standard app on my Shield. 

I think it is because the bitstreaming of the audio doesn't change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
blgentry

You want to watch TV or Movies sped up?  Like twice as fast as normal?  Why would you want to do that?  The dialog would be impossible to understand and it would look very strange with everything going fast.  I'm confused by the idea.

Brian.

Just now, blgentry said:

You want to watch TV or Movies sped up?  Like twice as fast as normal?  Why would you want to do that?  The dialog would be impossible to understand and it would look very strange with everything going fast.  I'm confused by the idea.

Brian.

Yes I want to do that. There are some TV shows that are too slow. You can watch news in x1.15 very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 8:00 AM, MAX92 said:

What do you mean ? I have already both android app : standard android and Emby for Android TV. It's work on Android TV but not on standard android.

What version number of the standard android app do you have?