Files not playing on LG

Malmgren

Malmgren

Hi.

I tried to watch some old episodes of Stargate Atlantis and none of them seem to work on my LG TV. They work fine in the web client and on Android TV (using Emby), but on the LG I just get the spinner forever and is forced to kill the app entirely. I put my server log on https://pastebin.com/rPuCZ4fF, anyone able to see what's wrong?

LG TV is running latest version of the app, server is running Emby 4.6.7.0 on Debian.

Malmgren

Ok, I think I've found the culprit. After reading the log a bit more carefully I tried disabling the subtitle and it works without it. Is it the LG app not handling the mkv's internal subtitles?

SamES

What type of subs are they?

Can you also post any ffmpeg logs from this playback?

Edited by SamES

Malmgren
20 hours ago, SamES said:

What type of subs are they?

Can you also post any ffmpeg logs from this playback?

It's subrip, embedded in mkv. Seems other kinds of text work, just those ones gives this problem.

Unfortunately there's no ffmpeg logs at all created when this happens, the embyserver.txt is the only log.

Malmgren

Just for the record: This still happens after upgrading server to 4.7 (not very surprising, I guess it's a client side problem). Any more ideas of things I could check?

Can you please attach a log example from the new 4.7 release? Thanks.

Malmgren
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please attach a log example from the new 4.7 release? Thanks.

Yes, it actually looks like there's more useful info in the 4.7 log. Here it is

SamES
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What version of WebOS does this TV run?

I believe it’s 4.x (probably 4.5)

Malmgren
16 hours ago, Luke said:

What version of WebOS does this TV run?

It's an LG 43UM7100PLB, running webOS 4.9.5.

• 2 weeks later...
Malmgren
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

Yep, no change.

The thing I don't really understand is that the server log complains about "Error running ffmpeg-subtitle_extract" which indicates the problem might be server side, but it works like a charm on my Android TV with no errors in the server log.

• 2 weeks later...
Kirby2000

I also have massive problems with subtitles. Normally it worked for me to select the forced Subrip but with one of the last updates (emby app or LG firmware) no subtitle is working any more. The video won’t start. 

If I use the internal LG Player with DLNA, everything is working properly with activated subtitles.

emby server: 4.6.7.0

emby LG App: 1.0.35

webOS Version: 4.9.5-14

SamES

Can you provide the media info for Sonic showing the stream details?

SamES

It's possible that it's just taking some time to do the subtitle extraction on the first playback.  How long did you wait for it to start?

• 3 weeks later...
OwenYoung

same issue here.

It takes 10-30 senconds to do the subtitle extraction.

2022-07-09 13:55:23.013 Info SubtitleEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg-subtitle_extract' Execute: /bin/ffmpeg -loglevel +timing -y -i "file:/mnt/share3/media/TV/纸钞屋 (2017)/Season 3/纸钞屋 S03E08.mkv" -map 0:18 -vn -an -c:s:0 copy "/config/cache/temp/0940b0240921415aa6e00600196ce455.srt"
2022-07-09 13:55:32.699 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://host22:8096/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: JellyfinMediaPlayer 1.6.1 (windows-x86_64 10)

Malmgren
On 6/17/2022 at 12:21 PM, SamES said:

It's possible that it's just taking some time to do the subtitle extraction on the first playback. 

Yes, that seems to be the issue! I never really waited that long so I thought it was a neverending spinner, but actually if I wait long enough the episode starts! For me it seems to be about a minute. After that I get the following lines in my log, nothing explaining what took so long:

2022-07-09 17:15:36.563 Info SubtitleEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg-subtitle_extract' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2022-07-09 17:15:36.565 Info SubtitleEncoder: ffmpeg subtitle extraction completed for file:/mnt/nas/public/Serier/Stargate Atlantis/2x20 - Allies.mkv to /va
r/lib/emby/cache/temp/2cc6b4f5787f4215b644a04210085136.vtt
2022-07-09 17:15:36.574 Info SubtitleEncoder: Subtitle extraction took 56 049ms for file:/mnt/nas/public/Serier/Stargate Atlantis/2x20 - Allies.mkv
2022-07-09 17:15:36.576 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to ‌‍‍192.168.168.85‌. Time: 56074ms. http://‌‍‍192.168.168.10‌:8096/emby/Videos/127111/32febb72acf1bd5252
d8efebf564682c/Subtitles/2/0/Stream.vtt

• 5 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !