AndroidTV (on shield) possible bugs?

chenks

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, chenks said:

the shield is connected via 1Gbps ethernet, iPhone wireless (obviously).

any other app i use (Tivimate, VLC etc) all start playback instantly, it's only Emby ATV that seems to have the issue.

ok sure - so it's unlikely to be a network issue then - just thought I'd ask.  (My test above was on Wired Ethernet as well).

Over to the Dev team then I'm afraid .. sorry I could help more.

CBers
3 hours ago, chenks said:

the link only provides 2 versions - arm7 and x86, neither of which the shield in question is, which is arm64v8a ?

Not that it should make a difference, but there is an arm64v8a APK you can use.

See here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/tree/master/android

Perhaps @Luke can add it to the download page and mark "For Shield 2019 Pro only".

• Like 1

chenks
5 minutes ago, CBers said:

can add it to the download page and mark "For Shield 2019 Pro only".

why though? as you wouldn't be installing that version on an Android TV device anyway? isn't that the mobile app?

CBers
1 minute ago, chenks said:

why though? as you wouldn't be installing that version on an Android TV device anyway? isn't that the mobile app?

Well, if it becomes the unified app for Android and Android TV it might.

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, chenks said:

The standard Android app has a TV mode now and runs on all Android devices including AndroidTV.  Whereas ATV app is designed specifically around AndroidTV devices. 

• Like 1

chenks
7 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The standard Android app has a TV mode now and runs on all Android devices including AndroidTV

maybe so, but that version of the app isn't presented to you in the play store on an AndroidTV device.

FrostByte
Just now, chenks said:

maybe so, but that version of the app isn't presented to you in the play store on an AndroidTV device.

Not yet, which is why CBers posted the link to the apk.  Luke said it will eventually make it to the store.  I have both on my Shield pro.  Though they both have the same icon they both work.  

chenks

The standard Android app running on an Android TV device ain’t a great experience after a brief testing

it looks like it just presents the web Ui in a wrapper and some off of the Ui aspects don’t looK right (cover art overlapping the row headings when highlighted is one example)

highlighted items don’t have a coloured border setting them 

The theme I use on the ATV app (material Green) isn’t available, and going into to “app” settings just puts you into the entire server settings

Overall a worse experience than the ATV app, and it didn’t make any difference to the playback of live TV not the standard app guide layout is poor compared to ATV app

Edited by chenks
  • Haha 1

CBers
2 hours ago, chenks said:

Overall a worse experience than the ATV app, and it didn’t make any difference to the playback of live TV not the standard app guide layout is poor compared to ATV app

If you want, you can post your issues, here.

Spaceboy

at some point the dev's may listen that no-one likes the standard android app. we live in hope

• Agree 4

vdatanet
21 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Though they both have the same icon they both work.  

As of version .71 they have a different icon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2