batch convert strm links

Stearalkonium1

Stearalkonium1

Is there a script to convert a text file with a bunch of links to individual .strm files?

I really don't feel like copy and pasting one piece links a thousand times.

koopa8840

If you post the text file or an example of how the text file is setup, I or someone can create a script for you.

koopa8840

How do you create the list of the links? Is it done automatically or do you manually copy and paste each link into the text file? Reason I ask is you stated this:

Could add a section to add the series name to output as "One Piece - S01E01.strm"

Could output the .strm files into there own seperate folder

I have an AutoHotKey script, that is close to doing what you want, I just need to modify it.

Edited by koopa8840

Stearalkonium1

Opendrive is where I'm storing my media and they automatically create the list of links for me. Otherwise I usually just do it manually.

koopa8840

Sorry, it is taking me a bit. Dealing with a COVID-infected household. 

Anyways, I see you stated you are storing the media files on a cloud. Is it safe to assume the files are already named in the format you prefer (Title - S##E## )? If so, does the downloaded text file, of URLS, show the file names in it? I'm trying to gain all the information, so I can provide you with a script to do what you want. I'm assuming the list you provided is just an example and doesn't actually use YouTube URLs.

As it is, if the provided list reflects what your actual Opendrive list shows, I wouldn't be able to create STRM file names how you would like. However, if the Opendrive list shows, for example: https://opendrive_domain.com/folder/folder/folder/Episode_Title - S##E##.ext, then I can certainly create STRM file names to reflect what you want. Does this make sense?

koopa8840

Here's a basic script based off what you gave me. The file can be opened with a text editor, so you can see the code. It will name the STRM files as 01.strm, 02.strm, etc until I know more info. If you want, message me with an exact link from Opendrive and I can possibly expand on the script to do what you want/need.

You'll need AutoHotKey, since it is what I know. Install it, and then you can run the script.

AutoHotKey Download

Edited by koopa8840
See last post for script

Stearalkonium1

Actually nevermind I figured it out and edited line 40 to what I wanted. I really appreciate your help, literal hours of my life saved.

Capture(1).PNG

Capture.PNG

koopa8840

I cleaned up the code and combined the 2 scripts. Edit the file to save STRM naming. You can also set the name of the output folder. Read the comments within the script.

image.thumb.png.5c881536fc01135aab926a648db69700.png

Let me know if you run across problems. If you do, provide the problematic link and I'll tweak as needed.

TXT2STRM.ahk

Edited by koopa8840
Updated script