"Playback not supported. Please unlock..." -- But already paid

NotherUser
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

NotherUser

Hi. Trying to playback some videos on my Windows server from the Android tv app. I get the "Playback not supported. Please unlock or subscribe to Emby Premiere." I selected the option of unlocking the app, but it says I've already purchased it.

Any help will be appreciated. Thx

Junglejim

I was pretty sure that the Android TV app was back in the store after a short hiatus. Hopefully a dev will confirm this for you.

If you have already purchased the unlock for the app I'm sure they will help you out.

Edited by Junglejim

8 hours ago, NotherUser said:

I selected the option of unlocking the app, but it says I've already purchased it.

Hi. Did you then hit the "Restore Unlock" button?

NotherUser

Hi Ebr. I didn't notice that option but I will definitely check it later today. Thanks for the quick reply.

NotherUser

Don't know how or why, but I turned on system, fired up Emby, and the videos work! Didn't change a thing. Thanks for all the suggestions and input.

• 7 months later...
seanbuff
17 minutes ago, rolfenstein said:

I Got The same problem and dont know what to do….

Hi, could you explain your issue in a little more detail?

rolfenstein

Pay The one time playback feed a Long time ago and have work fine… now Got a new tv and install Emby and work fine until Yesterday. Now it Will not Play anything unless Ill pay for Emby premiere. And I dont want that.. paid for playback and was happy with that… comes up on The tv screen I have to unlock to watch

im verry sad… have used Emby a looooong time

bovideohu

Hello, I have just purchased for the app unlock option. I am using Android TV - Chromecast. The purchasing has been happened successfully under same google account which is linked to my Android TV - Chromecast as well. It has been confirmed by Google Play as well as it can be seen on my screen shot. Even though I still get error message on Emby for Android TV when I wanted to play a content that "Playback is not supported. Please unlock or subscribe to Emby Premiere". I was trying to use the "Unlock App" button, but new screen has show up, with "Error" title and under the text message which says "you've already got this". I have pressed on the OK button, then at the bottom of the page this error message has appeared "Error completing purchase"

I have restarted the Android TV Chromecast device - nothing has happened

I have cleared the cache as well, nothing has happened

I have restarted the Emby for Android TV app only - nothing has happened

It seems like the information of the successful pay can be recognized by Emby for Android TV. I have checked my order under my google account, there is no any issue as it can be seen on my screen shot. Sorry this is in Hungarian, but I think this order summary page looks like same at everybody's own language

My transaction logs have been also checked, Google Play has locked the amount of the money of app unlock purchasing. So it's for sure there is no issue with payment itself

Could you please advise whom should I turn to in this case to ask help to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance

Screen shot 2022-12-21 181336.png

Screenshot 2022-12-21 190844.png

Screenshot 2022-12-21 190916.png

Edited by bovideohu

bovideohu

I have also tried with reinstalling the app but this also could not solve the issue. Same is happening as it has mentioned above in my original post

bovideohu

On "Upgrade to Emby Premiere" page now when I try with pressing on "Restore Unlock" button then I will be back to the main page of the content with error message "Unlock is not purchased"

pwhodges

Maybe with the new TV the server wants to transcode - which requires Premiere.  As a new TV is likely more capable than an older one, it would be useful to look at the server log to see why it is rejecting your client.

Paul

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, pwhodges said:

Maybe with the new TV the server wants to transcode - which requires Premiere.

It doesn't. Hardware accelerated transcoding requires Premiere, else it'll transcode in software only.

• Solution
GrimReaper
2 hours ago, bovideohu said:

Could you please advise whom should I turn to in this case to ask help to solve this issue?

You can address your query to:

with relevant details (account, email used, proof of purchase).