Dropped audio

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

Server is DS 918+ client is an Xbox Series X, From "Stats for nerds", MKV Direct Play, Video 1080p H264 High 41 2.7mbps 23.976 fps Direct Play, Dropped/Corruped frames both 0. Audio, English AAC 5.1, 320 kbps 38000 Hz -> Direct Play (320kbps)

Quality and aspect ration set to Auto.

Playing via VLC via the network, there are no issues in playback

However, when playing via emby, I would say every 5 to 10 seconds, the audio gets dropped for a quarter to half second or so.

The CPU on the box is running at 25% ram is about 20% (via DSM widget) however top/ps aux shows emby taking up 90% of the CPU.

Any thing I can do to try and determine what causes this drop?

HawkXP71
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can we please look at an example?

Thanks !

Ill get a log and post it.  Unfortunately, I wrote the ticket when I remembered.

Anything more than the log necessary @Luke

HawkXP71
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

The server and ffmpeg log if there was one will be great. Thanks.

There was no ffmpeg as it was directly played with no transcoding. That was the first thing I checked. 

HawkXP71

Here you go, Im watching Junior for searching the log.  I have also attached an image showing the stats for nerds, but its all direct play, no transcoding.  

20220518_170658.jpg

embyserver (6).txt

Hi, is it only happening with this video? Have you tried updating to the new 4.7 server release?

HawkXP71
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, is it only happening with this video? Have you tried updating to the new 4.7 server release?

It seems to be happening with multiple videos.  Didn't get the notification of the update, I'll take a look and update it over the next day or so

• Thanks 1