Status of Apple Emby App

mike3821

mike3821
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, yes we are working on getting it caught up.

I have an Apple TV sitting in storage, because quite frankly the Emby app on Apple TV isn't very functional.

One main feature I need for my TV work flow, is to be able to bring up the guide while watching TV like we do with the Android version.

Lastly, trailers and theming are the next big things.

Luke, I know your list is tall, but would it be safe to say keep my Apple TV in storage for a little while longer because these features won't be available anytime soon?

mike3821
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, the app does already support trailers.

This must of arrived in the last year or so?

How about pulling up the guide while watching TV?

5 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

This must of arrived in the last year or so?

How about pulling up the guide while watching TV?

Yes, and the guide is not yet available during playback but is planned for an upcoming update. Thanks.

mike3821

Just tested out the Apple TV app. 

Can’t scrub through and see previews… can’t customize what you see on the Home Screen or at least respect your user settings.

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, mike3821 said:

Can’t scrub through and see previews…

This one I'm surprised hasn't been added yet, pretty much the last platform where Emby does not have this feature.

1 hour ago, mike3821 said:

Just tested out the Apple TV app. 

Can’t scrub through and see previews… can’t customize what you see on the Home Screen or at least respect your user settings.

This should follow the same home screen layout as on other devices, it's just missing the customization part directly on the TV. You can still change the home screen layout on your phone and it should also be reflected on the TV. Is that not the case?

Edited by samuelqwe

mike3821
21 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

This one I'm surprised hasn't been added yet, pretty much the last platform where Emby does not have this feature.

This should follow the same home screen layout as on other devices, it's just missing the customization part directly on the TV. You can still change the home screen layout on your phone and it should also be reflected on the TV. Is that not the case?

Correct. I don’t show certain albums on the Home Screen which reflects on my iPhone and android devices. Not Apple TV.

13 hours ago, mike3821 said:

Correct. I don’t show certain albums on the Home Screen which reflects on my iPhone and android devices. Not Apple TV.

Hi, please go over a specific example as home screen options are already supported. Thanks.