Remote Connection problems....

Hopeab

Hopeab

Hi everyone,

I have just moved over from Terramaster to Asustor and so far it is so much better and lot less problems. The only issue I have is that I can not connect remotely. I have updated to the latest BETA version and it did not make a difference. I have tried changing ports and I know that the ports are open. I am sure that I am missing something simple but I have no idea what it is. 

I have included the server log which may help in someway. Any help you can give me would be wonderful as I use it a lot when working away from home in the past.

embyserver.txt

Hopeab

It comes up "Connection Failure". Ensure it is running and try again.

It is running and I can connect with no problems locally on my home network.

evanmc3

I am having the same problem. It started a few days ago. At first it would connect externally when I reboot the server. Now it is not connecting externally at all. 

I have noticed when I get to the select server screen it is showing the internal ip address and not my external address. If I view the server info it does show both the internal and external ip addresses. Perhaps Emby is trying to connect to the internal ip address while not on the home network. 

Edited by evanmc3

Hopeab

The same for me. I have tried to enter the external connection address but will not connect. Also when I log on and try the connection from the dashboard for the external link it will not work. 

I hate to say this @evanmc3 I am pleased it is not just me. lol

Jägs

Did you open the ports on your firewall or do you have EZ-Router enabled in Settings —> Manual Connect —> EZ Router?  Can you access any other services on your NAS remotely?

Hopeab

@Jägs You are a Star!!!! For what ever reason I checked my router and and it did not have the port forwarding for Emby?!?!?!? It is now working fine. Thank you for your help. I have no reason why I did not think of it!! See it was something simple! lol

• Thanks 1

evanmc3

I have port forwarding set up and have been using emby without trouble for a few years. I have manually set up port forwarding. I'm still having the same issue. 

evanmc3

After a bunch of playing around I seem to have figured it out. Port forwarding was correctly set up on my router, but the port was closed and not visible externally. I had to go into the seperate port forwarding section inside the firewall section of my router and add a port forwarding rule there. Now it seems to be working properly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evanmc3 said:

After a bunch of playing around I seem to have figured it out. Port forwarding was correctly set up on my router, but the port was closed and not visible externally. I had to go into the seperate port forwarding section inside the firewall section of my router and add a port forwarding rule there. Now it seems to be working properly. 

Thanks for the feedback.