Live TV is Slow

mrbenjaminryder

mrbenjaminryder

Hello,

I have an issue with Live TV taking an age to start playing when using either my Android TV or a Fire Stick 4K.

If I play on my Samsung TV, or on a browser it works fine and starts within a couple of seconds, but when viewing Live TV on an Android based TV or Fire Stick it takes at least 10/15 seconds for the Live TV to start.

My source is IPTV via Xteve.

Any idea what might be causing it or what I can do to speed up the experience?

Thanks!

Hi. It will tune much faster if you check the option to direct play Live TV but you won't be able to pause or seek.

mrbenjaminryder
41 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. It will tune much faster if you check the option to direct play Live TV but you won't be able to pause or seek.

Yeah, that's an option it's just odd how it takes maybe 2/3 seconds on the Samsung TV but around 10 on Android. I wondered if there was something obvious I was doing wrong.

44 minutes ago, mrbenjaminryder said:

Yeah, that's an option it's just odd how it takes maybe 2/3 seconds on the Samsung TV but around 10 on Android. I wondered if there was something obvious I was doing wrong.

You're not. That is the exact reason why it takes longer.

1 hour ago, mrbenjaminryder said:

But Direct Play isn't switched on on the Samsung TV?

It depends on whether the TV supports the stream or not. Take a look at the stats feature in the video player and if it is converting, it will indicate the reason why.