Chromecast app crashes when adjusting volume

sshockley

sshockley

I have the following:

nVidia Shield 4k, I think version 9.0.2 with Emby installed from Play store

Pixel 6 Pro with Emby 3.2.47 from Play store

Emby server 4.6.7 on CentOS 7 installed via RPM

I stream audio by opening Emby on my phone, clicking the cast icon in the app, selecting SHIELD-Chromecast, and playing audio.  I've run into two issues.

First, when I start to cast the Emby app often doesn't open.  The Shield shows a black screen for a few seconds, then returns to the main menu.  Power-cycling the Shield usually fixes this.

Second, if I connect and adjust the volume using the volume controls on the phone the Emby app on the Shield crashes 5-10 seconds later.  (The volume also doesn't change.)

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

44 minutes ago, sshockley said:

selecting SHIELD-Chromecast

Hi.  If you are selecting that option, you are not actually casting to our app.  You are casting to the built-in Chromecast on the device.

If you start our app on the device, you should get another option of Shield - Android TV or something like that.

sshockley

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe it was Shield - Android TV then?  I know it shows the Emby logo with "Ready to cast" or something similar when it is working.  All the other options for casting from Emby connect but don't actually play anything.

2 minutes ago, sshockley said:

I know it shows the Emby logo with "Ready to cast" or something similar when it is working

That would be the internal Chromecast.

sshockley

Yes; I'll try to get more details and submit a more thorough/accurate report as soon as I can.