Shutters and app freeze when playing high quality contents

fahad92
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

fahad92

Hello ,

Not sure how to describe this issue but if I played a high level stuff ( remuxes or anything ebove 50 gb ) it's play normaly for few minutes and the buffer is way ahead as well but suddenly the video start to shutter and somtimes emby exit the video or just freeze where I have to force turn off the TV ( sometime the video keeps playing but unresponsive where I have to force turn it off )

I'm using sony TV 900H ( Latest Emby release and latest update from Sony )

Everything is direct playing without any need for software encoding or what so ever

Im on wired 300mb connection using an adapter to get the full speed to the TV 

The reason I opened this topic is all these media are working just fine on Plex and Jellyfin from beginning to end without a single issue so this is something related to Emby and I don't want use anything else other than Emby

looking for your support to fix this

Log is attached ( just an example )

ffmpeg-directstream-6cfc7426-aae5-429d-9133-c65551ad271d_1.txt

Edited by fahad92

• Solution

Hi.  In the app playback settings, try setting the buffer size to "Small" and see if that solves the issue.

Thanks.

fahad92
47 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  In the app playback settings, try setting the buffer size to "Small" and see if that solves the issue.

Thanks.

Did quick testing and it did help,  make sense not to have 70 Mbps bitrate loaded in advance but wondering if this is related to the TV not been able to handle such heavy task or it's related to the server hardware.

Thank you for your support

• Thanks 1