Media library scan time greatly reduced

Mervyn

Mervyn

Hi everyone 

My server’s media library scan time has, all of a sudden, dropped to under 3 minutes from around 13 minutes. The only change that I have recently made is to update Plexdrive to the latest release. Everything seems to be working normally (no errors in Emby & Plexdrive logs), but this change makes me a bit nervous.

Config:

— Emby server 4.6.7.0

— Ubuntu 20.04 LXC, under Proxmox 7.2.3 (kernel: 5.13.19-6-pve)

— Libraries hosted on Gdrive, mounted using Plexdrive 5.2.1

This has me stumped. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

M.

Edited by Mervyn
Update info

Mervyn
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, maybe Plexdrive performance has improved?

Hi Luke

That would be great, but I doubt that the improvement would be so dramatic.

If a lot of my media from those Gdrive libraries is not being made available by the Plexdrive mount, would Emby’s media library scan remove them from the Emby libraries? I ask because, so far, nothing seems to have disappeared.

If a lot of my media from those Gdrive libraries is not being made available by the Plexdrive mount, would Emby’s media library scan remove them from the Emby libraries?

It depends on the manner in which they're unavailable. If unavailable causing errors, then no, but if unavailable meaning they're just not included in directory scans, then yes they could get removed.

Mervyn
7 hours ago, Luke said:

It depends on the manner in which they're unavailable. If unavailable causing errors, then no, but if unavailable meaning they're just not included in directory scans, then yes they could get removed.

Thanks Luke.