How to improve the Emby experience on Amazon Fire stick?

Przemek

Przemek

Hello, I buy Amazon Firestick 4K Max and it works great with Emby and my other apps. But as Emby is my main media app I want to ask if there's some configs that I can use to make that experience better. I see there's many apps for configuration for fireTV but I don't know wchich may work with Emby. For example when I start firetv I see recomendations, movies, series from Amazon Prime Video. It's possible also to see that on main page but for Emby media (like continue watching etc.)?

Regards.

4 minutes ago, Przemek said:

Hi @Luke do You mean remove Emby app from Amazon fire store and install APK from USB?

You can just install over the top. No need to remove anything.

Hi.  We do integrate these types of things with the Google devices but Amazon is a bit more restrictive.  We used to have suggestions for our app but they recently changed how they present these and I'm not sure they show up anymore for us.

Przemek

OK, thanks. I understand. I see many configuration apps in Amazon store and I think there's something to show Emby media on main screen.
Thanks for help.

ng4ever

Stupid question will overwriting the Amazon Fire Stick Emby with the side loading standard Android app replace or reset the settings of Emby ?

Like history of where all media is played or needs to be resumed at where it was stopped playing at the time ?

Przemek

I try to install Emby from APK when Emby from appstore is installed but I can't. I get notification that app is not installed.

1 hour ago, ng4ever said:

Like history of where all media is played or needs to be resumed at where it was stopped playing at the time ?

All of that is stored on your server and is available to all apps.

• 8 months later...
Guest Ajsando902
On 11/05/2022 at 07:25, Przemek said:

OK, thanks. I understand. I see many configuration apps in Amazon store and I think there's something to show Emby media on main screen.
Thanks for help.

Hi did you manage to get this to work. Ie continue watching ect on the home page? 
thanks

Przemek
2 hours ago, Ajsando902 said:

Hi did you manage to get this to work. Ie continue watching ect on the home page? 
thanks

No, I think it's impossible.

Przemek
On 5/10/2022 at 7:26 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  We do integrate these types of things with the Google devices but Amazon is a bit more restrictive.  We used to have suggestions for our app but they recently changed how they present these and I'm not sure they show up anymore for us.

@Luke because Amazon will block that?

Guest Ajsando902

That’s a shame I’ve got the android version sideloaded the the 4k max but hate that it shows prime recommendations not emby

6 hours ago, Ajsando902 said:

but hate that it shows prime recommendations

That's why Amazon sold it to you so cheap :).

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, silver_2000 said:

I'd love to have details of how to get embt content in the FireTV search and home page 

That is possible on Google devices but not Amazon ones at this time.