Surround sound misbehaving

mitch2471

mitch2471

First of all, I am running Emby Theater on a windows 10 pc with the latest emby server installed on the same machine. I have the pc connected to an AV receiver via hdmi.

The issue I’m having is that films with DD/DTS/DTS HD/Dolby HD quite often play with no sound. With most I can stop the playback & restart from the beginning & then I get sound. I have one film which has True HD surround sound & the audio just cuts in & out constantly no matter what I do.

Sometimes I get the in/out sound effect on just standard 5.1 AC3. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Hi there, how have you configured sound options in the app?

mitch2471

I've tried using the enable exclusive audio mode but it made no difference.  

1.JPG

mitch2471

If I unchecked the pass through options I get a stereo output. No cutting in or out of sound. 

Lee

intel cpu using onboard graphics? there's a known bug with MPV on this. i have suffered the same problem. still rears it's head occasionally with my new CPU but not as bad and mostly with DTS-HD MA..

mitch2471

Intel cpu, Nvidea 1660TI gpu. I can play these files without issue in wmc, vlc, mpc. I still have codec's installed from when I ran wmc/emby. I did wonder if that could have anything to do with it.

generiq

External codecs will play no part in mpv. Try enabling exclusive mode, and updating drivers 

Edited by generiq

mitch2471

I’ve tried exclusive mode & carried out a clean install of the gpu drivers (handles the hdmi passthrough to the AV receiver). No joy

This problem is only occurring in Emby Theater. No issues in other media players.

mitch2471
3 hours ago, generiq said:

Follow the instructions here, make a log, and attach it. When you make the logging entry in the conf, include the file name with the extension. e.g. log.txt

create and mpv.conf

add logging

Play video, once. Attach log.

I'll get on it this weekend. Thanks for the help

• Thanks 1