This weird thing happened

Mendocinotim

Mendocinotim

This weird thing happened today, and I want to share with you a few things about it.

I recently added my music library to Emby. Today I was given a sound bar by a friend, and thought I’d try it out, and using Emby I put on some Dave Brubeck. 
The sound bar it sounded good. I was pleased with it. But, I also wanted to try it out on a tv show I like, Star Trek Picard. So.. without first stopping the Brubeck track, I just launched Picard. I didn’t like the way that sounded, no fault f Emby, it just sounded better on my apple airpods max - no surprise there right? LOL 

I then paused Picard, and started watching the movie Sheryl, about the life and times of Sheryl Crow. - a great 👍 watch by the way. But something weird was happening, and it took me a few moments to figure out that the background music that I at first thought was a part of the movie, was in fact the Brubeck, playing over the Sheryl Crow movie.

Upon realizing this, I tried the AppleTV remote’s back/cancel button to back out of the Crow film so I could officially stop the Brubeck from playing. But Emby would not let me out of the movie. I even tried powering down and restarting the AppleTV, but that didn’t work. So I finally pulled the plug on it. 

That worked. Finally.

it might be an AppleTV issue, and not an Emby thing. But I wanted you to know, just in case.

Mendocinotim

This time, after first starting some music on Emby and then (without stoping the music first) going directly to a tv episode on Emby, I got the following error message…

”Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator.”

Just to be sure, I tried this twice - both times got the same error. All this, accessing Emby via AppleTV.

I did not get the original issue however.

10 minutes ago, Mendocinotim said:

This time, after first starting some music on Emby and then (without stoping the music first) going directly to a tv episode on Emby, I got the following error message…

”Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator.”

Just to be sure, I tried this twice - both times got the same error. All this, accessing Emby via AppleTV.

I did not get the original issue however.

Please attach the emby server log from when this happened:

Thanks.

Mendocinotim

I searched the logs for some indication relating to this issue, but could not find it. So here's the entire log for today.

I searched for "Brubeck" as the was the name of the artist (music) I was playing. And I also searched for "music" as that is the name of the music library.

Sorry I could not isolate the specific part of the log.

embyserver.txt

Mendocinotim

It did it again. I watched a tv show after reporting back to you here. Then I started watching a movie, and midway into it, the Brubeck started playing out of the blue! Again, I could not escape the movie nor get to the music. I had to pull the plug on the AppleTV to reset back to normal Emby behavior.

I am going to remove the music library until you think this has been resolved.

VERY weird!

Mendocinotim

Yes, as far as I know.

Apple TV is the way I personally consume media.
I have a few others subscribed to my ember server - however none of them were interested in my personal music library.
So, their experiences will be of no help in this matter.

Otherwise, for the most part, Emby has performed pretty well.
No complaints from others - so far.