How to create my own wireless hard drive like a WD MY Passport Pro?

ng4ever

ng4ever

Like a WD MY Passport Pro Wireless but just as small if not smaller

The reason I need it wireless is it will be used with a iPhone and base model iPad. Which does not accept hard drives directly connected to it :( Even if it did I think I still would prefer wireless sense easier with no wires.

Edited by ng4ever

ng4ever
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, why not just get a WD MY Passport Pro Wireless?

Yep I did but it is kinda unreliable. :(

Gilgamesh_48

My experience is that if your Emby server has to reach its storage wirelessly, no matter the quality of the wireless signal, there will be issues either randomly or on a quite regular basis. Remember this is streaming and even using buffering to maximum advantage any signal interruption that is for more than a very short time will cause problems.

Wired is always better than wired.

In general:
Servers and their attached storage should NEVER be connected wirelessly or there will be, more often than not, problems ranging from little hiccups all the way up to total stream failures.
Clients can be, and usually are, fine if connected wirelessly but even clients can sometime have problems because of the flaky nature of wireless connectivity.

People are adverse to "wires" but it often comes down to a to a choice between a few wires that can usually be neatly dressed or even hidden and a "perfectly pretty" setup that has no wires and does not work well much of the time.

It is your setup and you can do as you choose but using wireless storage is just asking for problems that are very easily avoidable.

• Like 1