Tizen for Samsung 8000 series

Super957
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Super957

My friend have a Samsung 8000 series (UE49KS8000T), is possible install tizen and if yes which version ?

Thank

Hispa

Edited by Super957

FrostByte

The K series is from 2016 and runs Tizen 2.4.  Have your friend try the latest usb version for Tizen.  

If that doesn't work post any error they might see.  Samsung stopped supporting 2016 and earlier TVs, but there may be another option

Super957
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The K series is from 2016 and runs Tizen 2.4.  Have your friend try the latest usb version for Tizen.  

If that doesn't work post any error they might see.  Samsung stopped supporting 2016 and earlier TVs, but there may be another option

When insert usb start installation but after a while appear emby install failed

Hispa

FrostByte

Did the error looks something like "Emby Installation Error : emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed!"

Hispanico957
12 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Did the error looks something like "Emby Installation Error : emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed!"

Here is

Hispa

IMG-20220507-WA0010.jpg

Super957
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

So, no error message?

Only this

Hispa

IMG-20220507-WA0011.jpg

Edited by Super957

Super957
1 hour ago, Super957 said:

ok i try thank

Hispa

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thank e good weekend mate

Hispa

Edited by Super957
  • Like 1

FrostByte

The problem is your friend may not be able to ever upgrade to a newer version.  They can try, but a while back Samsung stopped accepting Store apps for 2015/2016 sets which seems to have rolled over to usb updates also for a lot of people.

• Like 1

Super957
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

The problem is your friend may not be able to ever upgrade to a newer version.  They can try, but a while back Samsung stopped accepting Store apps for 2015/2016 sets which seems to have rolled over to usb updates also for a lot of people.

Ok infact the system ask to upgrade app, but i suggest to not update

Hispa

FrostByte

Ya, before the time bomb that's in the current usb installs there was a period when there was just a reminder to upgrade message every 30 days.  Your friend can just ignore that since newer usb builds won't load.

There is another option.  Your friend can change their app region to US or UK.  There is a slightly newer version on the Samsung store for 2016s.  That should also get rid of the message because Samsung is no longer accepted apps for the store for 2016 TVs.  The downside is that it resets your settings to factory, and you can only install apps from one region at a time.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, SamES said:

So do you think the current USB install isn't working now on 2016 models?

I'm starting to believe that.  I don't know if I would say definitely all 2015 and 2016 models are affected, but lately there have been a bunch of people with older models who mentioned they can no longer update through usb.  The work around has been loading 1.0.88 from usb, or connecting to the US or UK store and getting the latest there.

I haven't seen anyone with an older model say newer versions still work for them either.  Right now I'm just trying to get them up and running.  If we could figure out another way to get them running though with a newer version that would be great

• Like 1

SamES

It is interesting that 1.0.85 USB works without any issue, so you might be right about this.  That would be unfortunate. 

• Thanks 1