Hello @quickmic and some abnormalities - Vers. 6.

Seger

Seger

Hello @quickmic

well I also just made the switch from Kodi 18 to Kodi 19, thinking now might be a good time and many of my addons are already in a "final" version.

First of all thanks for your great work and the further development of the addon. Have "then" very intensive exchange on the error message with Angelblue05 & Sualfred held.

I have decided in the first step for the "final" 6 version and wanted to give you feedback on it.

The actual synchronize is damn fast and faster than old E4K 4.xxx. Also the caching of image files is very fast in the default setting (without caching). But now for the "but"^^ :-): 

With large media libraries (movies + series), the image buildup without caching no longer comes behind, which is not bad at all. But the process of caching takes very, very long compared to before. I took a look at it and found that it's because it also makes it much neater. I have 3 times the amount of images (>70,000) because unlike before the process also saves all actor photos, to my knowledge back then it was "only" posters and fanarts. Can you confirm this and is it possible to include this as an option again in the future?

Furthermore, the process unfortunately came to a standstill after many hours at 100%, but I think you already know the problem. Do you already have a hotfix for version 6?

Will hear us now certainly more often and thank you already for your great effort and the great addon. If necessary, I will also immediately go to the Vers. 7, so you have someone with a large library at hand :-).

Oh well, my client is running on a Win 10 machine.

Many greetings
Seger

Edited by Seger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
quickmic
On 5/7/2022 at 2:43 PM, Seger said:

Hello @quickmic

well I also just made the switch from Kodi 18 to Kodi 19, thinking now might be a good time and many of my addons are already in a "final" version.

First of all thanks for your great work and the further development of the addon. Have "then" very intensive exchange on the error message with Angelblue05 & Sualfred held.

I have decided in the first step for the "final" 6 version and wanted to give you feedback on it.

The actual synchronize is damn fast and faster than old E4K 4.xxx. Also the caching of image files is very fast in the default setting (without caching). But now for the "but"^^ :-): 

With large media libraries (movies + series), the image buildup without caching no longer comes behind, which is not bad at all. But the process of caching takes very, very long compared to before. I took a look at it and found that it's because it also makes it much neater. I have 3 times the amount of images (>70,000) because unlike before the process also saves all actor photos, to my knowledge back then it was "only" posters and fanarts. Can you confirm this and is it possible to include this as an option again in the future?

Furthermore, the process unfortunately came to a standstill after many hours at 100%, but I think you already know the problem. Do you already have a hotfix for version 6?

Will hear us now certainly more often and thank you already for your great effort and the great addon. If necessary, I will also immediately go to the Vers. 7, so you have someone with a large library at hand :-).

Oh well, my client is running on a Win 10 machine.

Many greetings
Seger

Yes, please try 7.x. It get the latest stuff always first. e.g. The artwork cache should be much faster. If you use a proper PC, you can also adjust the thread for artwork caching (expert mode).

Only some of the improvements will be backported, due to major changes.

Seger

okay, will run a separate portable version tomorrow on my production machine and the 7th version, so I have a comparability.

Many greetings
Seger

• Like 1