Downloads not working on iOS

adkeyz

image.png

The UI has changed to make better use of space.  There should now be a button which I've highlighted in a yellow box that allows you to "download to".

You can usually also click the 3 dot menu (far right button) for often used features which may have both "download" and "download to" functions.

Download will copy the file as is without touching it while download to a device will prompt you for device and quality information which may transcode and/or remux the media file to make it more suitable for the device it's going to transfer to.

PS I'm updating the KB area with this same information.

Carlo

• Agree 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, apachelance said:

Same here with 2.2.2

Looks like the 2.2.3 app update corrects the download issue.  It appears to be working for me now.

Will do further testing later today to see.  I only tried a couple files I know can direct play. 

Edited by wc808
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Emby for iOS 2.2.5

ember server with premier 4.7.6.0

downloads seem to be working, but progress bars don’t work. It will say “Transferring….” And sit at 0% until it flips over to 100% 

I don’t really have too big a problem with this, as it does work, but it sure would be nice if I knew where it was in its progress. I frequently walk in and out of service areas. I must download over cellular, WiFi is tracked at work.

Maybe This up and down situation might be what’s tripping up a proper download? It’s not robust or doesn’t handle state changes well. Might be an iOS thing instead of Emby - but if you could fix it on Emby side, you guys listen 10,000x’s better than Apple 😉 

E4E045F6-8DD6-4E77-92D8-51C963A95DC9.png

DA225130-95A3-4B9C-A004-795BFC8BC101.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, yes that progress display is on our to do list for improvement. Thanks for the feedback.